X1 Smartglass

• Thread starter greekbull
  • 11 comments
United States
Tulsa, OK
greekbull
greekbull
Any of you with insider access heard anything about any cool smartglass integration? Ability to show shift lights, gears, telemetry etc? I was really hoping they'd do it for Forza 5 since its do easy to do and the data is so readily available. I really hope Project Cars does it. It would be a great way for them to shine on X1!

It is coming, the dev work is not complete on the XBone yet, and there is also the intention of making the impulse triggers work on the PC as well.

so along with the smartglass which I think would be awesome for some telemetry like you can get with apps for I Racing are there plans for anything worth the Kinect? Maybe way better head tracking than FM5?

I hope they don't do too much with the Kinect. I'd rather them focus on other stuff. That said, if they can find something innovative that adds to the experience I'm all for it. Perhaps calling out pit strategy changes or something like that.

It is coming, the dev work is not complete on the XBone yet, and there is also the intention of making the impulse triggers work on the PC as well.

Does this development also include second screen app support for the PS4 and also PC? iOS and Android? That sort of thing is fairly common in PC driving sims I believe.

Last edited:
We haven't heard anything yet with regards to additional information for second screens, but seeing as all of the second screen software has been developed by members of community, it may require some work with the devs and software owners to convert them to smartglass. Theoretically, there should be no reason why they couldn't, but it may have to wait until later releases sadly.

Does this development also include second screen app support for the PS4 and also PC? iOS and Android? That sort of thing is fairly common in PC driving sims I believe.

It's a matter of using up processing power that needs to be used elsewhere in the console version, in my opinion. I know XB1 has it's gizmo's but really it is struggling to keep pace with PS4 (I own neither).

If you are at the stage where you want rear view mirrors on tablets & displays on phones you should really look into buying into a decent PC, it is a hell of a lot easier than people think & that includes building your own machine. No worries about which wheel & pedal's you have, plus all the other racing sim's available.

Even something as simple as having the position you are in the race, current lap time and best lap would be awesome. This way I'd be able to use cockpit cam and turn off the HUD which is always a magnificent experience.

Back