X2010 and ABS

  • Thread starter Thread starter Machate-man
  • 8 comments
  • 878 views

Does the X2010 need ABS?

  • Yes

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Whats ABS?

    Votes: 2 28.6%

  • Total voters
    7
Messages
2,191
United States
San Francisco,
Messages
machate-man
Messages
dowby
From extensive experience with the X2010, I have found that ABS does nothing to stop the brakes from locking, since the brakes on the X2010 cannot lock at the speeds that are required to take corners.

Translated:
The X2010's wheels dont lock because you wont need to go slow enough to lock them:dunce:

I found this out during the X2010 special events; Monza.
My theory was that removing the ABS would make my braking better, since ABS reduces braking power marginally to prevent wheel lock.

I found out that there is no difference in braking power, and that the wheels dont lock when braking from 400+KM/H.

Who agrees?
 
I kept it on 1. Just to keep my confidence up.
 
ABS in GT5 is not all about braking. Read the description for ABS at the bottom of the screen next time you go to change the setting.
 
ABS in GT5 is not all about braking. Read the description for ABS at the bottom of the screen next time you go to change the setting.

What I'm saying is that ABS makes no difference in a car that fast and with that level of grip.
If you were to turn it off in the X2010, you wouldn't notice anything.
 
I did the S.Vettel Challenge with it off and succeeded. So no point in using it really...
 
How many of you did have "Skid Recovery Force" enabled when testing this?
Have you also tried increasing front/rear braking power with the ABS off?
 
SHIRAKAWA Akira
How many of you did have "Skid Recovery Force" enabled when testing this?
Have you also tried increasing front/rear braking power with the ABS off?

Yeah i had SRF.
 
Yeah i had SRF.
SRF messes up tire physics, it's more than a simple driving assist (it's close to being a "legal" cheat to be honest) and should be disabled before judging car physics and dynamics in GT5.
 
Back