X2010 at the Suzuka 1000 km

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mr.Slow
  • 20 comments
  • 2,888 views
Messages
762
Yes it is a highly unfair thing to do. You start lapping the opposition after just 3 laps.

However, as a 3 hour practice run for golding the Vettel Challenge it is just a way of killing two birds with one stone.

Right?
 
False.

As you continuously race the X2010 in this endurance race, your tire grip will begin to deteriorate as it gains wear. So the maneuverability and braking points will be inconsistent with the Vettel challenge (where tire wear is nonexistant, and thus, the grip levels and braking points are consistent).
 
There's no way on earth that you will be able to do consistent laps for 3 hours. Unless you're an overclocked Bob :D
 
No way if you wanna practise for the vettel challenge. Do the vettel challenge. That's the only way to learn. Do nothing else but the vettel challenge, drive nothing else if you want to do the vettel challenge. That is the way to win the vettel challenge.
 
No way if you wanna practise for the vettel challenge. Do the vettel challenge. That's the only way to learn. Do nothing else but the vettel challenge, drive nothing else if you want to do the vettel challenge. That is the way to win the vettel challenge.

I agree!!


Mr. Slow
However, as a 3 hour practice run for golding the Vettel Challenge it is just a way of killing two birds with one stone.

The advantage of using the x2010 for this race is you get to learn the track at high speeds, which is the first obsticle!

I'd say use the x2010 for this reason, you'll get bronze easily after this. Make sure if you use the x2010, that its not raining!!
 
agree, even with tyre wear you will learn the controls and the limits of the car pretty much in those 2-3 hours, and on the longest most intricate courses of the vettle.
 
It´s also important you use standart aerodynamics on your X2010.
On max the car reacts even faster than on the Vettel Challenge. :sly:
So when you go back to the challenge after 4 hours racing you´ll have big problems with understeering.
Also the 1000km race is more like a ultra fast slalom between the CPU-Cars, as you can see here.

 
I want to do this race in a superGT car but 6 hours is just too long:( So I'll have to wait for mid race saving. No way I'm doing it in the X2010. Not using that thing anymore after I golded the Vettel challenge:D
 
Guys (and gals), why is it that we use way overpowered cars in these races? 2 reasons--to ensure the win, and to get breaks in the timed races. For instance, in B Spec, there's no need to use the X2010 in the timed races, just use a car that wins comfortably--winning by 50 laps is no better than 10 laps (X2010 vs Toyota 1 at Nurburgring 4 hr).

A Spec almost the same, and it's easier to drive something that won't wear you out physically and mentally like the X1. For the 24 hr races, I use the FGT only for the big lead and therefore breaks. I drove the 9 hr in A spec in the GT-R race car--comfortable to drive and gave me plenty of break time. You gotta drive 4/9/24 hours regardless of your lead.

Save the X1 for Vettel--or if you can get your dang DFGT to have 0 force feedback and still work.
 
zocker_16
Not realy, the race will take the same time but you can park your car after 2/3 of the race ;)

Good point. I meant the race runs the same time regardless of the amount of lead. So overpowered cars either give you breaks(timed races) or quicker wins (distance races).
 
It´s also important you use standart aerodynamics on your X2010.
On max the car reacts even faster than on the Vettel Challenge. :sly:
So when you go back to the challenge after 4 hours racing you´ll have big problems with understeering.
Also the 1000km race is more like a ultra fast slalom between the CPU-Cars, as you can see here.


👍👍👍

I see now where I am lacking... it is in the balls department !

I am doing 1:11 -1:12 consistently with the odd 1:10. This video confirms my suspicions about the first half of the lap: Basically have to forget there is such a thing as a brake pedal!
 
Guys (and gals), why is it that we use way overpowered cars in these races?


I have two reasons:
1. Trying to do the game with absolutely minimum spending. Sometimes you either have a car that is going to loose by 5 minutes or a car that is going to win by 10. Spend 300K modding one car and win by a slim margin or spend 0 and win by a wide margin.
2. In this particular case I just want to practice with the X2010. I bronzed the challenge already (hence having ownership of the car) and haven't done the race yet (see point 1). I have the minolta, the clk -lm and the a4 touring. I haven't checked but I am guessing one of those would be sufficient to win this race tool.
 
I'd say use the x2010 for this reason, you'll get bronze easily after this. Make sure if you use the x2010, that its not raining!!

I got bronze already. That is how I got the car. Just want to practice for the gold.
 
I got bronze already. That is how I got the car. Just want to practice for the gold.

Oh ye... sorry I forgot SCR doesn't do b-spec, so you'd odviously have bronze already in order to have the car, I've a bit of catching up to do on the reading, might do it later during a b-spec enduro :) Good luck with the gold challenge anyway!!
 
Oh ye... sorry I forgot SCR doesn't do b-spec, so you'd odviously have bronze already in order to have the car, I've a bit of catching up to do on the reading, might do it later during a b-spec enduro :) Good luck with the gold challenge anyway!!

I have only posted upto 51%. I got the x2010 at 58%. So it is me who is behind with the series:dopey:
 
I have only posted upto 51%. I got the x2010 at 58%. So it is me who is behind with the series:dopey:

Okay by me, take your time if your busy with more important, actual life stuff 👍
 
Well I did almost 3 hours of this race in the X2010 and quit.

I was pitting every 14-15 laps but there were at least 2 occasions i forgot to pit and run out of fuel.... that gives you a nice 3 minutes and 45 seconds lap... :-(

Besides the fact that it was a one sided race, lapping the whole field every 2 and a half laps got old and with all the traffic it was hard to be consistent with the times.

I did the vettel challenge right after and shaved a whole 7 seconds off my time. Still bronzing it at 2:17 though :-)
 
Still bronzing it at 2:17 though :-)

Try out this link. Read the description and look at the throttel/break points, and what gear you should be in, it helps you to start getting your times down because you can see where your loosing time. You'll change it a bit tho for your driving style, and what controller/wheel you use.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=154480
 
The X2010 at the Suzuka 1000km would only make more sense if you want to finish the race in less time. Just over 4 hours I believe.
 
Back