X2010 Challenges

  • Thread starter Thread starter jimy281090
  • 16 comments
  • 1,468 views
Messages
1,615
Messages
jimmy281090 GTP_Alex_Nicol
I've completed the Sebastien Vettel X2010 challenges but I am posting on behalf of A friend. He is stuck on these challenges but is only using a DS3 controller(I used Race Wheel but is broken now). He can only get to within 1 second of bronze but obviously no trophy. What I want to know if it is faster to use Automatic or Manual and what setting to put TCS. I used Manual with NO TCS and NO ABS.

Can anyone help and let me know what setup is best for the DS3 Controller?.
 
ABS: 1
Skid recovery: on

Everything else off, and yes TSC aswell xp.
 
Its very possible to get gold with automatic, and it does simplify things somewhat.
 
If he's having trouble definitely put skid recovery force on and tell him to pray. I understand this challenge is quite hard with a DS3.
 
I just finished getting bronze on all 3 with my DS3...only settings I used were skid recovery, automatic, and ABS=1. TC and everything else off. Very doable.
 
Assuming you don't have to go down to 1st gear for a turn, TCS at 0 is a given as the car has enough traction to simply keep up with the tires. The only time you ever need to shift into 1st is the last chicane at Nurburgring GP/F, and even then, the tires hold at full throttle at a sharp 90-degree turn in first gear. TCS 0, always with the X2010.

Manual transmission is always nice because it gives you gear choice. If you're not able to keep focused on the race with a Manual Transmission, then use Automatic. Practice with the Manual, however. You should be able to shift instinctively based on the sound the engine is making.

ABS @1. No questions there.



If you need a little extra help using a DS3, consider turning Skid Force Recovery on. The difference is subtle, but it's there. Skid Force Recovery gave me a near instant boost of 2 seconds on my times overall (and admittedly, those times were already within 2 seconds of Gold to start with). I was using a DFGT though, so results may vary.
 
I have silver on the Nurburgring. I think gold is doable but you need a 100% all out perfect lap and that's freakin' hard to do xp.

I have gold on Monza, might need some time but it's by far the easiest

And I have bronze on Suzuka. I guess gold is doable since some people made it with a DS3 but I don't know how, it's freakin' hard xp. I lose the most time in sector 1, I need to figure something out on Suzuka, dammit xp.

Did everything with a DS3 by the way!
 
This challenge makes me wanna cry my eyes out. I unlocked it today at around 5pm. It's 12:30am now and I haven't stopped trying other than to use the bathroom and eat. I've tried all settings and finally got bronze in monza, but just barely. The other two... I'm about 6 - 7 seconds from bronze, if I even make it all the way around.

I ended up getting so frustrated that I ran off the first turn 4 times in a row. People on here are talking about getting gold??? Are you inhuman? I'm using a DS3. TCS: OFF. ABS:5. ASM: OFF. AS: OFF. And Skid Recovery Force on or off doesn't seem to make a difference in time, other than the car crashes less with it off.
 
As I said above, Skid Force Recovery makes a very subtle improvement.

For Monza, remember that the runoffs on all of the shoulders are still solid. You don't fail the challenge until all 4 wheels hit grass or dirt. The second chicane can be cut horribly for an easy gold like this and the last chicane can be done in much the same way (though more legitimately) doing 200mph or so.
 
I need some advice for Suzuka because I am currently stuck on that one. I also use a DS3 controller.

Managed to get 2:17:4XX.

Settings used:

Skid recovery and ABS 1.
 
Try cutting some of the corners sharper. That may sound like obvious advice, but if you're following the Best Line blindly, it takes you wide in several places that the X2010 doesn't need to. I don't necessarily mean dropping tires of the track; just not running wide arc the best line suggests. Specifically, the following places:

After the repeating left-rights at the start, in the long left-hander where the two sides of the course meet. Hug the left side rather than letting the car float wide.

After the hairpin, hug the right side.

After the dog-leg left heading towards the final chicane.
 
I thought the key thing for me was that the X1 is able to brake late and accelerate hard early as well. It's either TCS 0/Skid On or TCS1/Skid Off. Either way, you should be able to floor it earlier than any racing cars out there. ABS shouldn't be 0...at least 1. Other than that, I highly recommend Automatic. I find myself having to focus a lot on Steering because that's all you'll need with the X1; Quick steering and reflex. I mean.. the car is a beauty in handling.
 
Watch the demo movie hit x and watch the speeds it goes around corners. U showed a mate if mine a replay if me then showed him the demo it was like mine but on fast forward
 
Try cutting some of the corners sharper. That may sound like obvious advice, but if you're following the Best Line blindly, it takes you wide in several places that the X2010 doesn't need to. I don't necessarily mean dropping tires of the track; just not running wide arc the best line suggests. Specifically, the following places:

After the repeating left-rights at the start, in the long left-hander where the two sides of the course meet. Hug the left side rather than letting the car float wide.

After the hairpin, hug the right side.

After the dog-leg left heading towards the final chicane.

Alright thanks. Will also have to watch the demo as well.
 
Just got bronze from Suzuka, Monza and also the Nurburgring GP/F. :)

Now I have the almighty Red bull X2010. :drool: :) 👍
 
I've completed the Sebastien Vettel X2010 challenges but I am posting on behalf of A friend. He is stuck on these challenges but is only using a DS3 controller(I used Race Wheel but is broken now). He can only get to within 1 second of bronze but obviously no trophy. What I want to know if it is faster to use Automatic or Manual and what setting to put TCS. I used Manual with NO TCS and NO ABS.

Can anyone help and let me know what setup is best for the DS3 Controller?.

I use no assist at all with controller and i got bronze on them all in 4 hours. No driving line and cockpit view.
 
Still trying... 5 hours plus today... Got 2:15.664 on Nurburg. And Suzuka it seems like I'm burning through the first section like a nutcase. But I still get around 31 seconds at the lowest. Demo gets 28.5.
 
Back