X2010 performance

  • Thread starter Thread starter buggs1a
  • 14 comments
  • 1,679 views
Messages
522
Messages
buggs1a
Umm, hmm, how to get this started. Hmm... Umm, ok. Let's try this.

I set up my X2010 to rubberband grind. In the thread I read long ago it said to lower downforce all the way and do one other thing. I forget what the other thing was.

The stock default tune gives me around 245 mph on the Indy. After grinding I put the tune back to default stock like when you first win it. I get 275 mph now. I don't get it. How come its faster now when before I got around 245 mph? I get better acceleration now and can always reach 260 mph or so on straights. Before accel was tiny bit slower and top speed always below 247 mph. I get over that easy now.
 
Set the tranny to 440 KPH, dunno what that is on MPH. Shoudl get you to 420 KPH if you set it up correctly. Downforce as low as it will go
 
It sounds like you didn't do an oil change. About the higher speeds with stock downforce, increasing the downforce produces more weight on the car as speed increase, this added weight creates more resistance for the engine to over come so the maximum speed is reduce, while the cornering speed is increased. Reducing your downforce results in greater top end speed while lowering cornering speeds.
 
Guys, I'm not sure you need to do anything to that beast except at the Vettel Challenge or online against other X1's. Change oil and buy RS tires. At Indy I notice uneven tire wear (LF/RR > RF/LR), but other than that you don't need to do squat with it except win in a ridiculous fashion against every car in the sim.

I just finished a 24 hr B spec at LE Mans in it, turned down hp by 300 with engine limiter, and even with 12+ hours of rain, and about 6 hours of pitting EVERY single lap while I was away (autopit mix up)--it still won by 120 laps. 120! That's what, at least 6 hours?

Other than the scenarios listed above, this car needs upgrades like the A-10 needs a powerful gun. Just drive and win!
 
how its worked out for me on le mans 24 hr the AI always seem to do around 320 laps, i give it 2 B spec bobs and they will do about 330 laps in 16 hours and will complete the race on about 435 laps
 
If your top speed is the prob while rubberbanding it might be that the car is kissing the wall too hard and therefore the speed stays low.
 
I'm not sure people understand. Maybe I didn't talk clearly, I do that lots.

I am wondering why after grinding, tuned same as before, is so much faster. Oil changed too.

Fresh oil and stock tune I got around 245 mph on Indy before rubberband grind. Now for grinding I lowered downforce all the way and I forget what the other thing is. Anyone know what the thread said? Lower downforce all the way and do one more thing. Well I grinned fine. After grind I set everything default and even without oil change I'm now getting up to 275 mph on Indy and other straights.

So before and default is say 245 mph. Now after grind and default is say 275. I am curious why.

But I need to know what else yer sposed to change for rubberband grinding? Lower downforce and what was the other thing?

Maybe that will tell me what's going on lol.
 
Maybe you didn't save the settings before hand? If you change the settings it doesn't auto save.
 
Do you mean edit tune and not save it? Yeah I've wait a sec.

If I change tune and race the tune is always the same after. I'm not thinking you loose the tune changes ever, not sure.

I'm going to try to find the rubberband thread I'm talking about and see if I find that other thing yer sposed to do, lol. Not sure it matters though since I did back to default everything and still get faster.

Maybe full downforce gets me 245 mph but default gets me 275 mph. Maybe that's what's happening. I have maxed the downforce though so maybe that's it. I dunno. Testing is needed. Hmm.
 
The same happened to my Toyota Minolta. It had 991hp forever. After grinding for 2 hours on Indy500 it ended up with 1014hp. I think the engine just got used to all the speed and power :)
 
Was your X2010 zero miles ? Maybe doing some grinding has worn the engine in and you now have more HP and MPH ?
 
The "new" engines loosen up after use and create more HP than when unused. But that increase is limited. After a while it starts to go back down. Once that happens an oil change will bring it back up. But at some point it begins to wear out and will need a complete rebuild to be back at its peak.

I didn't see this answer. But maybe the correct answer was the tuning adjustment to keep the car from going low off the wall. I remember reading a second thing to adjust when doing the rubberband a-spec grinding.
 
Smiley, yes in the aspec rubberband grinding thread I was talking about said 2 things to do. Lower downforce all the way and something else but I forget what that other thing is. Grrr.

But I tested and maxed downforce front and back. I got 245 mph. Default tune gives me 275 mph which of course is less downforce. But I remember always getting 245 mph even default tune. Hmm, could be wrong, lol.
 
I started using mine for B spec grinding, originally B spec driver leveling upf.. i used to pride myself on having a low mileage X1... that went out the window pretty quick over the last week, and even quicker once finals die off.. i find it brilliant to be able to watch TV while the car makes money.. unlike most other grinders though i take care of mine, i change the oil after every 5 races and soon intend to set aside some cash for an engine rebuild (once i get my hands on some stuff i want) its brilliant being able to work up a nice wad of cash (bought two LFAs earlier and the bank is still in six figures) and not having to do anything
 
Back