X2010

  • Thread starter Thread starter mclarendriver
  • 9 comments
  • 1,167 views
Keep trying. It took me a whole week before I finished it. You just have to learn the car and the way it moves. Try to push throughout the corners with a lot of speed and do not follow the driving line. The driving line doesn't tell you the right places to break. The car has so much downforce that it can take almost all the turns at 100+ MPH. Finally try turning and breaking at the same time. I found this to be much faster than slow in fast out. Hope all goes well. :)
 
Instead of tail braking, just lift off the throttle, and turn. It brakes really well even if you're understeering, so try as hard as you can to understeer through a section of track before you try getting your line under braking just right.

I've only gotten bronze on two of them, but I haven't really spent much time on them either...
 
My Experience: Nearly Golded Monza - Bronze on Nurburgring - On the way to Golding Suzuka.

ABS: 10 - Trust me on this one ;)
Controller Sensitivity: 7 - It'll feel weird at first, but keep at it
All other assists OFF.

What you're going to have to do is completely memorize each track, so I suggest working on one track at a time and that's it. If you feel like you're slumping, just get off the challenge and try in a couple of hours. Amazing things can happen even on first tries after you've had some experience.

Suzuka in particular is very tricky to get a fast time in. It's also the EASIEST with a controller IMO. For the first section of turns you're not going to want to use any brakes. Just lift off the gas entering into a turn and stab it right back exiting (Lift halfway, not fully). Now, once you get past the long left hander curve you'll have your first high speed right. What you're going to have to do is find the exact point where you can hit the kerb and not get penalized. If you nail it, you can take the corner flat out(Or nearly flat out). The second right hander, you'll have to brake. Coming into the loop brake and turn at the same time <---ABS 10 helps a lot here. Continue along the track until you hit the long sweeping left hander that leads to the long straight away. The way you take this corner is aim for the kerb on the left entrance. Go from right to left and aim straight for the kerb. Ride that thing and glide out into the right into the turn. You should land on the second bigger kerb. Now motion again left to exit out of the long sweeper and into the main straight. After the main straight, go flat out into the left bend, no issues there. Here comes one of the trickiest parts of the track. It can make or break your time. You're going to have to time your braking point EXACTLY so that you slow down enough to where you can turn, but not to the point where you start turning slowly. The trick to the chicane exit here is once again to learn how much kerb you can cut. Usually all the green stuff, make sure your tires dont hit dirt. That's p much Suzuka in a nutshell. Now go practice!
 
Practice, practice, practice. I first unlocked the challenge 3 months ago. I bronzed Monza, then raged the other 2. 3 weeks ago, I came back. Nurb was bronzed, 1.2 seconds from silvered on the 5th try. Suzuka took longer, including some practice in practice mode. But I got it eventually.
 
I have finally decided to try it again to get golds for every track.
 
(Optional) Use automatic transmission, easier to focus on braking/cornering rather than using manual.
 
Make sure ALL of the assists are off. For me it makes the car go a bit faster, especially on the Suzuka challenge. Controller Sensitivity at 0. And map the controls like this

Accelerate R2
Brake L2
Steering Left Stick
Gear Up Right Stick Up
Gear Down Right Stick Down

Give that a try. I won all bronze in 10 mins and have a Vettel to prove I did it! :)
 
Thanks for all the tips. I heard its easier to do with a wheel. But I don't have one.
 
Back