X2011 problem please help!

  • Thread starter Thread starter will502
  • 7 comments
  • 1,089 views
Messages
2
United Kingdom
Newbury
Messages
will-matt100
I have noticed that after I fixed my ps3 and updated gt5 to the latest update (at the time 2.08) that my X2011 was experiencing problems, it was reaching 6th gear fine and getting to about 250mph on 6th gear. I would change up a gear to 7th and it would suddenly start to slow down to about 238mph which is very peculiar as I should be getting to around 280+ I have had to go into transmission and fiddle around to make it slower so that when I actually reach 7th gear it would carry on accelerating. please any help or fixes would be very much appreciated i tried using a full car restoration ticket that didnt work and now I am going to try putting it back to automatic transmission and see if that fixes it. It didnt -.- anyway any help is greatly apreciated
 
7th gear is too long, increase the 7th gear ratio. This will make the RPM higher when you shift from 6th to 7th, and the car will accelerate faster.

Also note that the last update changed aerodynamics. Now downforce generates more drag as it does in real life. High downforce setups will not be as fast in a straight line as they used to be.
 
7th gear is too long, increase the 7th gear ratio. This will make the RPM higher when you shift from 6th to 7th, and the car will accelerate faster.

Also note that the last update changed aerodynamics. Now downforce generates more drag as it does in real life. High downforce setups will not be as fast in a straight line as they used to be.

I can try change the Aero settings but what I meant was that when I reached 7th gear it wasn't accelerating at all even with full throttle it was slowing down to around 238 mph (I wasn't braking my foot was fully down on the accelerate pedal) if I then switch down a gear to 6th it would accelerate to 249 mph I would change up back down to 238 mph its still accelerating at what I believed to be the same rate as normal. I did try resetting the transmission to default and this didn't work either
 
I can try change the Aero settings but what I meant was that when I reached 7th gear it wasn't accelerating at all even with full throttle it was slowing down to around 238 mph (I wasn't braking my foot was fully down on the accelerate pedal) if I then switch down a gear to 6th it would accelerate to 249 mph I would change up back down to 238 mph its still accelerating at what I believed to be the same rate as normal. I did try resetting the transmission to default and this didn't work either

Make sure your oil isn't black. The X1's are some of the most abused cars in GT5. People rarely rebuild their engines. To get your old speeds as well, it'll require stock downforce or less.
 
Make sure your oil isn't black. The X1's are some of the most abused cars in GT5. People rarely rebuild their engines. To get your old speeds as well, it'll require stock downforce or less.

Deffinatly the Oil And engine. Overhual will do it and change the oil automaticly, i think. it does for me
 
Aerodynamics now have an increased effect on speed and handling. If you aren't already running a 50/50 set before, then I recommend you do so.
 
I can try change the Aero settings but what I meant was that when I reached 7th gear it wasn't accelerating at all even with full throttle it was slowing down to around 238 mph (I wasn't braking my foot was fully down on the accelerate pedal) if I then switch down a gear to 6th it would accelerate to 249 mph I would change up back down to 238 mph its still accelerating at what I believed to be the same rate as normal. I did try resetting the transmission to default and this didn't work either

Yes, I understand. That's consistent with a gearing issue. 6th gear is reaching peak power. 7th isn't. When you shift from 6th to 7th, horsepower goes down because the X1 doesn't really peak, power just keeps growing with RPM. At high speed, the 7th gear needs to be really tight so that the drop in power doesn't cause you to slow down.

If you can, find these numbers and post them:

RPM when you shift from 5th to 6th at redline (so shift from 5th to 6t, wait for the tach to hit the lowest RPM before it starts climbing again, and record that lowest RPM number)

RPM when you shift from 6th to 7th at redline


Default transmission settings in GT are usually terrible.
 
At 400 km/h (250 mph) the wind resistance is like driving through a fruitcake. You have too tall gears and too much dowforce, probably.
 
Back