X2011 vs X2014

• Thread starter Shakie666
  • 6 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
When I first got the X2014, I was surprised to see it has considerably less bhp than the X2011. After reading the reasons why in the car description, I was a bit sceptical that it really would still be as fast. After trying out however, i'm undecided as to which is faster. The X2014 is certainly easier to drive than the X2011, and I did manage to set a faster lap time around silverstone in the X2014, but i'm still not convinced. Does anyone know for sure which is faster?

Well "faster" is relative.

The 2011 will reach a higher top speed, but the 2014 will go round a track much faster and easier than the 2011 because of extra aero and better handling due to that extra aero. Though the 2014 is not faster on ALL tracks than the 2011, it won't be faster on la Sarthe for example.

I still reach better times with the 11, 14 is a good car and has enough power to compete, but acceleration and top speed are way too weak.

In the hands of a pro driver with all aids off & the same tyres the 2011 hands down. But for a punter like me to punch out consistant lap times, reach for the 2014.
I silvered the gt5 vettel challenge before they changed the times.That was as good as I could manage & spent heaps of time driving them in GT5. I just bought the 2010 vettel in GT6 & its just as manic as ever to drive. The 2014 is the same car but it seems like its on valium :lol:.

I personally find the X2014 more stable to control for some reason compared to the previous two X-series cars. I dun find myself sliding out for no good reason in the new car.

From my view:

X2010 - The car made for speed
X2011 - The car for Ultimate Speed
X2014 - Total control

Back