X2014 Nations Cup Race 2

• Thread starter isamu
  • 9 comments

isamu

(Banned)
Just a heads up guys. If you intent on re-doing Race 2 of the X2014 Nations Cup....don't.

After the latest patch, this race, which takes place at St Croix is well, 10 times harder! Like, seriously. You'll be going up against an AI driver named A. Bernard from France(or Italy, one of those), and he is an alien. You're gonna need to bring your A game because he WILL be hard to keep up with and if you pass him, you'll need to stay clean and super quick around the track if you want to win. Not sure what made Kaz want to tweak this race in particular but yeah, I guess he thought it was too easy.

So yeah, just a heads up.

I haven't really played GT league all that much, only a bit when I was bored. Right now, I was bored again and I saw your post, so I decided to try that race... Not as hard as I expected. AI cars were too slow as usual, at least to me. But I can imagine some not very experienced people having a hard time winning it, which is not bad, at least they'll have some challenge.

Just a heads up guys. If you intent on re-doing Race 2 of the X2014 Nations Cup....don't.

After the latest patch, this race, which takes place at St Croix is well, 10 times harder! Like, seriously. You'll be going up against an AI driver named A. Bernard from France(or Italy, one of those), and he is an alien. You're gonna need to bring your A game because he WILL be hard to keep up with and if you pass him, you'll need to stay clean and super quick around the track if you want to win. Not sure what made Kaz want to tweak this race in particular but yeah, I guess he thought it was too easy.

So yeah, just a heads up.
Sarthe is always the fastest and easiest in nation cup anyway.

I cannot imagine that the 2014s are that hard around St. Croix. Now try something like Suzuka?

I dont remember this series that well but they didnt seem that hard given the 2014 is among one of the easier open wheelers.

I think the trick with the X2014 Pro League races is to take advantage of the immense amount of downforce they make; you can probably cruise through some of the turns just fine in the higher gears (usually 4 or 5) especially with RS tires. First place is usually achievable halfway through the race if you know what you're doing; really, the issue is GT League's godawful rubberbanding once you manage to get settled into first place.

I cannot imagine that the 2014s are that hard around St. Croix. Now try something like Suzuka?

I dont remember this series that well but they didnt seem that hard given the 2014 is among one of the easier open wheelers.

For me, the hardest part with the X2014 is how much time you can loose to the first on your way to the field, specially on tracks with only one fast line through the corners. Suzuka would be a good example of a track where we would lost a lot of time.

From the five tracks from the series I guess none is terrible on that matter.

This is probably my favorite car/track combo in GT League. The X2014 has amazing grip and a lot of the corners can be taken flat out. I haven’t raced it in a while and can’t remember my best lap times. I’ll try to run it soon & get back with a lap time.

I do remember that about all of the country road section can be taken flat out, as can the last corner so you’ll be hitting top gear at the beginning of the main straight.

Absolutely the worst race in single player so far. I got 1st place after about 100 tries. It may be more I tried a few weeks ago and managed 2nd after many restarts. Extremely frustrating. I can get into first by the end of the 2nd lap but the AI keeps ramming me like I do not exist when it tries to pass. It does it over and over repeatedly until you mess up. Than on the last lap last few turns flies past me at unbelievable speed. Somehow got him on the last turn. Just awful. For a game that is based on fairness that was completely not fair. It makes GT Sport look bad. The AI also will no leave it's racing line ever. The guy in 13th is so difficult to pass on the first turn to get a good start. He just will not budge no matter what. None of them will. I know that track really well now I guess. It seemed really confusing and weird at first but I get it now. I think I had STM on for that and not sure if it made any difference.

Last edited:
Back