x4 740 + HD 7770 Ghz for iRacing

• Thread starter RCFProd
  • 7 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
Is it good enough? How much fps would I get and more importantly on which graphics settings will I be able to play without problems? I'll get 2x4gb to ensure optimal performance.

If It's not too much asked, can I find a 1920x1080 picture somewhere to see how the quality would be in a cockpit?

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Well as I'm playing on Max settings with a 4670k and a GTX 770 I get 203 fps max driving by myself. When I'm driving with others around me it can drop down to around 120-160 fps.

I think you should be able to run the game fine with that hardware.

Well as I'm playing on Max settings with a 4670k and a GTX 770 I get 203 fps max driving by myself. When I'm driving with others around me it can drop down to around 120-160 fps.

I think you should be able to run the game fine with that hardware.

Your specs are better by far though. To be perfectly honest I'd be happy with a stable 60fps ratio on a good graphics setting. lower than 50 fps is a bit too low imo, so I can always just get a x4 750K + HD 7850 2GB if necessary.

You should look in a iRacing forum since there isn't much activity. Now, I don't know much about graphic cards, but I think you would be fine with a GTX 770. If you're worried about quality, what kind of monitor do you have?

You should look in a iRacing forum since there isn't much activity. Now, I don't know much about graphic cards, but I think you would be fine with a GTX 770. If you're worried about quality, what kind of monitor do you have?

A HD 7770 is what Im aiming for! I can't afford a GTX 770 lol. Anyways, the monitor I bought isn't even a week old. It's an LG 22EA53VQ-P which is a 22'' IPS LED monitor. Optimal resolution simply 1920x1080. So if an AMD Athlon x4 740 and a Radeon HD 7770 Ghz edition will be good enough for iRacing Im planning to give that a go as Im looking to build a PC for only 390-400 euros. I can get those two for really cheap so it will be terrific if I can get a PC for sim racing for such a low price!

Anyways I can't find an unofficial iRacing forum that is really active. For the official one I have to be a member to post there, and to be a member I will need a subscription which is a tad bit lame imo.

Your specs are better by far though. To be perfectly honest I'd be happy with a stable 60fps ratio on a good graphics setting. lower than 50 fps is a bit too low imo, so I can always just get a x4 750K + HD 7850 2GB if necessary.

You can drop down to a x750k because all you're getting is extra clock speed with the other processor. You you're better of overclocking to the speed of the other processor if you want with an aftermarket cpu cooler. If you play on min settings you will probably get 80-100 FPS (Very rough guess) with a 7850. iRacing isn't really that GPU intensive at all.

I'd strongly recommend going for the 7950, if you're really budget tight then the 7850, but not the 7770. You won't regret it. For a sim as diverse as iRacing it'll be difficult to achieve 60 fps stable on all tracks, especially on a mid to low end graphics card. There are certain tracks, like Spa and Suzuka (only to name the most infamous ones) that take a huge toll on FPS. There are people with low end systems that have to skip racing in their favorite series altogether whenever those tracks are in the schedule.

Going for the 7850 or higher will guarantee great single monitor performance plus the ability to go triples in the future when / if desired.

I have 7770 and I'm more then happy with it.
If I turn settings to low, max performance, shadows off I got 200-250 fps ( depends on track )
Last race at okayama with grid of 24 cars and I had 78fps stable so 7770 is your good choice
Unless you want triple screen then 7790 is better with memory but 7770 will run 3 screens

Back