X800XT s-video in. How to show ps2 on pc monitor?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rrul
  • 7 comments
  • 839 views
Messages
27
Hi,

I have a x800xt vidcard with s-video-in so I connected the yellow wire of the ps2 cable (the original red, white, yellow cable) to the cable that came with the x800xt which converts a tulip cable into s-video (it has on one end a s-vid connection and on the other end 2 s-vid (in-out) and 2 tulip (in-out) connections, so guess it's kinda all-in-one conversion cable) and plugged the s-video end into the vid card.

Now how do I get the ps2 screen on my pc?? What software do I need, if any? Couldn't find anything on the Ati site but maybe that's just me


Any help appreciated (I want to squeez every last graphic outta GT4 so that's why I'm experimenting with the pc monitor)


Btw by tulip cable I mean a connection like the red white yellow connections from the original ps2 cable
 
Does your graphics card have a TV? If so, turn the TV on, and look for an option Next Connector or something like that.
 
DScaler

If you want the best possible quality with S-Video, you need a S-Video cable for your PS2. Using a RCA cable and then converting it to S-Video will still give you the same crappy RCA signal quality.
 
ULEAD VIDEO STUDIO 8

DL this program and when you go to "CAPTURE" click on the OPTIONS (looks like a gear in top left corner) and change input source to S-VIDEO ;)
 
For the Windows OS: Dscaler, it's free and works flawlessly.
For the Linux OS: TvTime ( some parts of it are based on Dscaler )
 
Biased turkey
For the Windows OS: Dscaler, it's free and works flawlessly.
For the Linux OS: TvTime ( some parts of it are based on Dscaler )


hey will that work good with ps2 into an x800xt?
 
DRIFT GOD
ULEAD VIDEO STUDIO 8

DL this program and when you go to "CAPTURE" click on the OPTIONS (looks like a gear in top left corner) and change input source to S-VIDEO ;)

👎:grumpy: Can it work with a usb video card with s-video in??
 
Remember you'll need to connect the audio (red, white) to your computer's soundcard or speakers. Or else you'll have no sound with just s-video :)
 
Back