Xbox Controller Settings with No ABS - Deadzone - Tuning - Any Advice?

Hi Guys,

This is my first post on this Website and I'm not sure if it's in the right place to begin with but I'd be very grateful if any of you could help me.

Anyway I've started Driving with No ABS in Online Racing in the R1 Class with my Mazda 787B (998), Tuned using the IRT Car Setups of different Drivers. I've found out that many Pro's are driving Without ABS and getting very quick lap times. In any case I've been driving using ABS trying to catch these Guys with no Joy, they are getting 2 - 3 Seconds a Lap quicker. I'm a Clean Racer, don't cut corners and I get 3 - 4 Bars ratings on the Corners most times.. So I know I'm doing Good in that case. But overall not as quick.

While driving without ABS myself I Lock Up really easy with the Trigger being applied 80 - 90% but have found out that it don't take as much time to slow down as ASB On.

I like that but it's still not working out for me.

Has anyone got Any Tip's, Deadzone Xbox Controller Settings or Overall Setup that doesn't LOCK them Brakes Up Without ABS (ABS Off) even with Trigger Pressure at 100% ?

Very Grateful for any Advice.

Hi, welcome to the forums :)

When playing with a pad, what I normally do is set my brake pressure to around 75 - 85% (usually 85%). I find this way, the only way I lock up the brakes is when I'm pressing down on the trigger completely. I find leaving the brake pressure at 100% is far too sensitive between fully applied brakes and locking.

PS. I think this thread should have been posted in the "Question & Answers" or "Tuning" sub-forums.

On the contrary, I always set my braking to 130-140% with my controller. That way I can brake by squeezing the trigger just a little and purposely lock-brake when needed easily.

Back