Xbox One vs PS4 on 4K HDR TV

• Thread starter zargdin
  • 2 comments
Ireland
Dublin
benowen54@yahoo.com
I recently bought a new 4K HDR TV (49"). My previous set was a 36" 1080p job - which gave a pretty good picture. I have both the Xbox one and the PS4. On the old TV they both performed the same, more or less.

But on the new 4K HDR TV the Xbox seems to give a much brighter sharper picture. There seems to be a greater level of detail, the colours are more vibrant, and the contrast is deeper. The PS4 looks pretty much the same - but of course benefits from the larger screen. But contrast and colour etc - while still pretty good - isn't up to the xbox standard.

Am I imagining this or has anybody else noticed this or is there an explanation or what?

I don't know the tv set or situation. But I have found recently that not all HDMI's are equal. For example, my friend has a KD55X9000E, in which only HDMI 2 and HDMI 3 are capable of 4k HDR. The other HDMI ports, 1 and 4 don't do that. You also have to change a setting within the TV to get them to receive correctly. Maybe your TV is similar?

I don't know the tv set or situation. But I have found recently that not all HDMI's are equal. For example, my friend has a KD55X9000E, in which only HDMI 2 and HDMI 3 are capable of 4k HDR. The other HDMI ports, 1 and 4 don't do that. You also have to change a setting within the TV to get them to receive correctly. Maybe your TV is similar?

I tried swapping about the HDMIs about but it made no difference. My TV is a Sony KD49XE8396 BU. I looked at the settings and there is, as you say, an enhancement feature for HDMI 2 and 3 - but switching this on doesn't do anything either.

Thanks for the info anyway.

Back