Xbox One X PC2 Horrendous Pixelation of Car Liveries

• Thread starter dft1
  • 8 comments
United States
United States
@IanBell
Just using the default views on cars in this game most have horrendous pixelation of there liveries and the numbers, I encourage everyone to try this on the Xbox One X, its pretty bad. I thought it was bad enough with the white lines on the track looking jaggie/poor anti aliasing and distracting as you drive round but the pixelation thing has taken the biscuit
hAzVyU.jpg
QhWZLz.jpg
flrbff.jpg

@IanBell

I have attached a video of the jaggie/ moving white lines on track that is very distracting on the Xbox One X. Having played F1 2017 and Forza 7 those games didn't have this 'line' problem. Driving round the white track lines etc seems as if the they are 'jagging and moving' its very distracting once you notice it. Although it is hard to get it to show in youtube videos for some reason

@IanBell
Still getting the pixelation of decals on cars on Xbox One X even with 'Enhanced Visuals' mode on. Have tried on friends consoles also it seems to be the way the game is. All stock views such as roof came or bonnet cam.....
B7APrK.jpg
CEkUPh.jpg

ot104k.jpg

sF0Qz8.jpg

This also happens on PS4, so not just Xbox One X. Not sure about PC.

The top LOD of the cars isn't high enough. Presumably that's down to memory or not wanting to compromise performance.

This also happens on PS4, so not just Xbox One X. Not sure about PC.

The top LOD of the cars isn't high enough. Presumably that's down to memory or not wanting to compromise performance.

The highest LOD is the same on all platforms (it was different for the player's car in PCARS 1) and the livery resolution is the same too.
The not so great livery resolution is a compromise to keep enough memory budget available for potentially 32 different car models with different liveries on track, Livetrack 3.0, AI and all the dynamic weather and time of day stuff that's in the game.

I was kind of surprised about the pixelation of some liveries. On the other hand i bought NASCAR HEat 2 and was surprised about the livery quality.

It obviously lacks in other areas ;)

Back