Xbox / PC steering wheel and pedals....

• Thread starter nyrmetros
  • 13 comments
I think there are several members here who own one of those.
I have an older logitech wheel and thought it was a good buy for the money.

I have the G920, it is a great wheel..... but I would not spend that much on it at this point. Personally, if you want an entry level wheel, I would suggest this one from Thrustmaster.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/thrust...rosoft-xbox-one-black/5434000.p?skuId=5434000

The only advantage the G920 has over the one I linked, is it comes with a 3 pedal set. You can get a TMX pro version that comes with a 3 pedal set, and both wheels need the shifter buying separately. Assuming you want the shifter that is.

You other option is to hold out and buy the Thrustmaster TX, which is currently only $50 more than the G920 on amazon (assuming you are in the US???)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ENFVS5Y/?tag=gtplanet-20

The TX wheel you can replace the wheel rim and pedals from within the Thrustmaster eco system range, so provides more options and future upgrades/adaptability.

You need a wheelstand pro.

Wheel stand pro is rubbish, much better to go for the GT Omega wheel stand. Built much better, and has mounting holes predrilled for logitech, Thrustmaster, and fanatec wheels wheels and pedals. If you have a shifter, you do need to by the gear mount v1 or v2.

https://www.gtomegaracing.com/wheel-stands/gt-omega-steering-wheel-stand

For comparison, this is the wheel stand pro -
_wheelstand_wheel_stand_pro_logitech_G27_V2%20REG%20V2.jpg

And this is the GT Omega wheel stand
Drawing%201-700x700.jpg

Oh, and the GT Omega wheel stand can have a seat mount added at a later time. Just slots into the wheel stands frame, and then bolts in via pre existing holes.
GT%20Omega%20Rear%20Seat%20Frame-700x700.jpg

Wheel stand pro is rubbish
Nonsense. Sure, there are better options, but that doesn't mean the WSP doesn't work or is crap. Plenty of users here that use it without problems (it's stable enough, even when using a fair amount of lateral force, wheel/pedals are bolted, etc.). GTPlanet reviewed it several years ago as well (though that was the V1 I think and not the V2)

Still, what would work best for OP depends on his budget and home situation. Which would be the first things to ask for before starting to advise all kinds of possible solutions.

Nonsense. Sure, there are better options, but that doesn't mean the WSP doesn't work or is crap. Plenty of users here that use it without problems (it's stable enough, even when using a fair amount of lateral force, wheel/pedals are bolted, etc.). GTPlanet reviewed it several years ago as well (though that was the V1 I think and not the V2)

Still, what would work best for OP depends on his budget and home situation. Which would be the first things to ask for before starting to advise all kinds of possible solutions.
For $109, that Omega looks amazing. I have the Fanatec wheel stand, and I wish I had the Omega. I'll probably get one in the near future.

For $109, that Omega looks amazing. I have the Fanatec wheel stand, and I wish I had the Omega. I'll probably get one in the near future.
Not happy with the Fanatec? The Omega does look great, but not 100% sure it would be a good fit in my situation. That Next Level stand and GranStand look huge, can't fit those for sure. The Fanatec would suit my situation too. Sitting on a couch on the rightmost seat with a fairly wide leg on the corner. I don't think the base of the Omega will fit (though it just might, depending on how far it can extend).

I have a Wheelstand Pro and very limited space(I live in the UK...), for that reason, for me, it's better than the Omega stand, as it packs away in a much smaller size when not in use. Delivery from Poland (I bought it direct) was very quick. I don't find any issues with stability nor do I find the central pole gets in the way.

I use it with a PC and a Thrustmaster T300 wheel base and the Thrustmaster Leather 28 GT rim, but I use a set a Fanatec CSR Elite pedals (the older Elite pedals, not the newer ones), rather than the Thrustmaster ones, which have a loadcell on the brake pedal for more realistic brake feel, that I got in great condition secondhand very cheap. To get them to work with Forza 7 I purchased the Basherboards CPX adaptor, which allows them to input directly into the T300 wheelbase (as Forza 7 isn't compatible with pedals that have a seperate USB input, unlike most other PC race sims).

EDIT: forgot to mention, I did need to order a separate adapter plate for the Fanatec pedals (as I ordered the Wheel Stand Pro for Thrustmaster wheel), which included in my original order. It still game with mounting plate for Thrustmaster pedals too, though, so could change to those if I wanted to (unlikely, unless my Fanatec pedals break, as they're great)

Last edited:
What would I attach the steering wheel and pedals to? I don't have a driving rig or anything like that.

You can attach most wheels to a table if you have one that is suitable. Pedals directly on the floor tend to move around, especially if they are stiff and/or have a load cell on them.

If you are handy it is pretty cheap and easy to make a stand of your own. I built a rather nice one myself for about $100 which has a real car seat, totally adjustable, a console with storage a cup holder and a place to sit the controller, a coffee cup and an ashtray. Could have did it cheaper but I decided to buy some carpet padding and carpet to cover the floor of it so it would be more comfortable for driving with shoes. I also decided to add some casters to it so it would be easy to move around.

The G920 is a decent wheel for the price, but I would wait for it to go on sale. It was just on sale for $300 a little while ago. For $400 I would save a little more money and get the Fanatec CSL Elite bundle. One of the downsides of the Logitech wheels is they still use DB9 for connecting accessories, so you cannot use pedals or shifters from other manufacturers on console unless you get a DriveHub. Because honestly, the pedals the G920 comes with are junk. Otherwise, the wheel itself feels pretty good for being gear-driven. I don't feel any notchiness in it when racing.

I also have a GT Omega Wheel Stand and love it. I'll be adding a seat frame to it in the near future. If you're tall like me (6'7") the angle is perfect.

Back