XIII remake getting panned.XBOne 

• Thread starter zargdin
  • 1 comments
Ireland
Dublin
benowen54@yahoo.com
I loved the first XIII on PS2 and when the remake was announced it was without question going to be one of my must-buys. But the reviews on steam have been overwhelmingly negative - mostly from fans of the original. Main points seem to be about the graphics which don't have the cell-shaded looks and a restricted weapon load-out, and other bugs and glitches. Damn.

So, I got the game for Xbox One X, even pre-ordered it a while back. I don't really remember the original (I played it on the Gamecube when it came out only once through), but I remember that I enjoyed the game at the time so I was excited to play it again after so many years.

Well, the game feels unfinished and broken. Wonky character movements, constant dips in framerate, screen tearing and sound issues.

The graphics are actually really good to me, maybe not as cell-shaded as the original, but there are areas with nice lighting and it looks genuinely gorgeous in parts. I can definitely understand the disappointment that it no longer looks like a comic though. And honestly, it didn't cross my mind until I looked at original game screens just how little it looks like the remake. Ouch.

I'm pretty sad about it. Not just because I feel I wasted my money, but I don't feel like the game is playable so I put it down quickly. I am optimistic they patch the performance issues, but I am not so sure that is going to do the game much good. :ill:

Last edited:
Back