Xlink Touge Showdown

DrifterEX's Touge Showdown!
curvey.jpg

*yawn* I'm bored so I've decided to created a touge tournament over xlink, fun no? Once I get enough members that want to play, I'll setup a bracket...They way it will work is that of course the touge courses are 2 player only tracks, so we will have to run 2 at a time. It will be a 2 lap race (LF > FL) on either Costa D Amalfi, Cote D Azur or Citta Di Arria (picked at random) the cars will be decided once I get the brackets setup

1. 180sxdrifter
2. Sony Gamer
(more room if needed)
RULES
1.Each participant will run a qualification lap prior to competing, this is how I will figure our the ladder, I really dont want a n00b running with an expert you know?
2. There will be 2 laps, the first lap one of the participants will follow, the next lap you will chase. (similiar to BMI)
3. No driving aids are allowed
4. If the car uses standars tires, you must use Road ; If the car uses racing tires you must use Hard
5. NO DIRTY RACING! passing is allowed, but try not to bump others or it could result in a disqualification depending on the severity!

Notes: I will assign cars to each part of the ladder, so the everyone will use a certain car first, then as the winners move on higher on the ladder the car will change, each race you should have a different car. Your qualifying times is what will earn your spot on the ladder do your best! Unless someone is willing to judge each race, I will serve as a spectator (just to wach bumping and such

180sxdrifter
im in but y not trial mountaain or deep forest? or maybe idk....,

im in no matter what my xtag is 180sxdrifter187
Deep Forest and Trial Mountain have big roads, the courses that he mentioned have narrow roads like a Togue...

nightkids4ever
Deep Forest and Trial Mountain have big roads, the courses that he mentioned have narrow roads like a Togue...
first off its TOUGE and most of the touge's ive seen aren't that small i mean i get ur point but if u the whole japanese style turns i dont think any of the courses selected r really like touge bcuz there not exactly mountain passes i mean... idk i just dont agree is the pint im trying to prove here lol, im still in it tho....

180sxdrifter
first off its TOUGE and most of the touge's ive seen aren't that small i mean i get ur point but if u the whole japanese style turns i dont think any of the courses selected r really like touge bcuz there not exactly mountain passes i mean... idk i just dont agree is the pint im trying to prove here lol, im still in it tho....
its midnight and Im tryin to finish work....Ay nako...I tried to pass off TM and DF as Touge courses in the past but it depends on people's opinions... and learn some good grammar(or english)...Im tryin the same also...-_-"

nightkids4ever
its midnight and Im tryin to finish work....Ay nako...I tried to pass off TM and DF as Touge courses in the past but it depends on people's opinions... and learn some good grammar(or english)...Im tryin the same also...-_-"
Dude you play on xlink? noone's online in ps2 at all....... bored. but yeah man i personaly(sorry for spelling) think deep forest is really good for drifters like me, speedy and not too much angle just drift to make thru corner faster n such like Initial D
YOU know what im sayin'

180sxdrifter
Dude you play on xlink? noone's online in ps2 at all....... bored. but yeah man i personaly(sorry for spelling) think deep forest is really good for drifters like me, speedy and not too much angle just drift to make thru corner faster n such like Initial D
YOU know what im sayin'
I do...well I use to..until I got bored and dismantled my Ps2..its either that people are at work or busy. its like a game of 6 is 30 Fps and it hurt my eyes..so I gave up..plus Gt4 online is comin soon..DF is good but its been awhile since I was on GT4

nightkids4ever
I do...well I use to..until I got bored and dismantled my Ps2..its either that people are at work or busy. its like a game of 6 is 30 Fps and it hurt my eyes..so I gave up..plus Gt4 online is comin soon..DF is good but its been awhile since I was on GT4
Yeah i heard about that maybe they'll make so you can use your tuned cars online!!!(please polyphony please!!!):scared: yeeeaaah gt4 just isnt what it used to be...:indiff:

180sxdrifter
Yeah i heard about that maybe they'll make so you can use your tuned cars online!!!(please polyphony please!!!):scared: yeeeaaah gt4 just isnt what it used to be...:indiff:
I don't car...stock or tuned its all the same.

nightkids4ever
I don't car...stock or tuned its all the same.
i have a 240sx fastback i like to call it the D-Spec because it's got 430 some odd hp and nismo wheels drift races soooo great yet is had stock tune settings its my baby, lol:dopey:

180sxdrifter
i have a 240sx fastback i like to call it the D-Spec because it's got 430 some odd hp and nismo wheels drift races soooo great yet is had stock tune settings its my baby, lol:dopey:
yeah..i have a stock fastback and a200hp fastback both made for driftin
Ok this is my last post because this is gettin off topic, either message me on MSn or PM me

~DrifterEX~
DrifterEX's Touge Showdown!
curvey.jpg

*yawn* I'm bored so I've decided to created a touge tournament over xlink, fun no? Once I get enough members that want to play, I'll setup a bracket...They way it will work is that of course the touge courses are 2 player only tracks, so we will have to run 2 at a time. It will be a 3 lap race on either Costa D Amalfi, Cote D Azur or Citta Di Arria (picked at random) the cars will be decided once I get the brackets setup

(more room if needed)

Ok, i understand why you have made this comp but it is lacking in substance. You should set out the ground rules for the competition. Explain how its going to run exactly and the time frame in which the competition wil take place in. If you dont do this then people dont really have any idea about what the competition is. Also you cannot be accused of modifying the rules to suit yourself and they will remain fair for everybody.

Also if you are planning to run on courses which only 2 people can run on at a time i might suggest you use the XDGP thread. Here you can challenge each other and there are already rules and such set out to ensure fairness.

XDGP Link

My advice is to have a re-think about this whole competition, speak to swift or even me, i can help alot seeing as i run about 90% of the existing drift competitions,and come back to it once everything has been figured out.

Spec.....

~DrifterEX~
not that I know of, I pm'd swift....no reply

Correct, because I usually am not on a computer during the weekend:sly:

Anyway, I would just listen to what Spec said on the subject. He said all that's need to be said. :)

well, some stuff I cant set up till I know how many are really participating, but ill try (rules are edit to first post)

I know its slightly gripping based more then drifting, but this will be interesting, some corners when you drift will get you quicker, some not. You have to use a self built strategy in order to win

Also, im very sorry for the confusion, I haven't really organized an event before, but I would like to start, so if you see anything wrong with my current rules, please let me know

alright nevermind i got it, all i need is a router and i'll be good.

im gunna keep stoppin by, expect me to be in some of those races real soon

i suck at drifting, can i join? i am just bored of going from LFS demo to GTR2 demo to hot pursuit 2 then GT4 and back again in an hours time. only prob is that i live in brazil, i race in LFS with 250-300 ping and it doesnt lag at all, my DSL connection is 600kbs/s, will that make any difference? so when does this tounament actually start?

thanx

hafa d.

Back