XP, Mathematical absurdity

  • Thread starter Thread starter ferdia
  • 20 comments
  • 1,931 views
Messages
201
Messages
Ferdbags
Messages
Ferdbags
So I did a little math. If it takes 26 million XP to get from level 35 to level 40, and one does not wish to repeat Le Mans 10 times in A-Spec, which I for one, refuse to do, than it would take over 60 helpings of weekly seasonal events to get to the point where one could do the Nurburing 24 hour, assuming an average of 350k XP from each batch of seasonal events.

Anyone else think that PD asking those who do not wish to grind, to wait over a year to finish the game, is a little absurd?
 
Last edited:
The only mathematical absurdity is your calculation. (2.6 x 10^6)/(3.5 x 10^5) = 7.4, rounded of course. Learn what orders of magnitude are so you don't look like an idiot next time.

So it would take 8 weeks if all you did was seasonal events (assuming the XP number you quoted are correct and XP doesn't change in upcoming events).

EDIT: I am the ass. Then yes, if you meant 26 million, it is absurd!
 
350K * 60 = 21,000,000

2,600,000 / 350,000 = 7.4

7.4 weeks or just under two months, is not too bad.
 
Sorry, I ment 26m, with 350k per Seasonal Event.

I worked assuming these numbers where correct:
(Level) Required XP for
(31) 821471
(32) 1051483
(33) 1345898
(34) 1722749
(35) 2205119
(36) 2822552
(37) 3612867
(38) 4624470
(39) 5919322
(40) 7576732
 
Last edited:
EDIT: I am the ass. Then yes, if you meant 26 million, it is absurd!

No, I messed up, you where right to poke fun. But yes, when the CORRECT numbers are plugged in, its a little absurd :P
 
And how does this affect anybody? Oh wait, it doesn't. Will my lap times get magically better at 50? Do all my cars receive racing super SUPER soft tires?
 
And how does this affect anybody? Oh wait, it doesn't. Will my lap times get magically better at 50? Do all my cars receive racing super SUPER soft tires?

At 40 you get to complete the last race in A-Spec? Who said anything about 50?
 
I'm not getting into a flaming war with you if that's your aim. Go post somewhere else if thats your only contribution.

Take a chill bud. Only messing man. Peace out. Go race!
 
Take a chill bud. Only messing man. Peace out. Go race!

Olive branch accepted :).

As for going and racing, I'm currently roughly 14 hours into ASpec Le Mans, I'm only able to put in ~4 hours a day, and I just can't bring myself to do another lap of the exact same race after that long in a single sitting.

I'm more of a 5 lap per race, 10 race championship sort of racer, which is why the topic of this thread is getting my goat. I'll do the ~72 batches of season events no problem, I just think its dumb that I'll only be close to achieving that this time next year.
 
FYI, you earn 4,593,700 exp for every A-SPEC 24H Le Mans race you complete.

Only B-SPEC earns 2,241,184 exp per 24H Le Mans race.
 
FYI, you earn 4,593,700 exp for every A-SPEC 24H Le Mans race you complete.

Only B-SPEC earns 2,241,184 exp per 24H Le Mans race.

I'd still really rather not spend 7 days of my life repeating the same race :(
 
You can always do it over time. I don't expect anyone to do it all at once. I suspect I'll do one every three weeks to a month.
 
Finished today A Spec ... my b spec lvl 37 ...


36590137.jpg


97291968.jpg
 
*Bows to X-Games*
 
Bob Jabroni, my B-spec ace, is going to hit 40 long before I ever do. *IF* I ever do. I'm at L33 A-spec, and really not much enjoying the enduros. I like the Seasonals, though, and will continue to play them as long as PD keeps posting them up.
 
Finished today A Spec ... my b spec lvl 37 ...

Wow, congratulations my friend, I'll see you on Level 40 in 72 weeks, lol.
 
He didn't, that's the post-race screen and it shows the line-up that you started the race in. See the RM'd Vette at the bottom? :sly:
 
Back