XP Processes Optimizations.....

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pako
  • 6 comments
  • 652 views

Pako

Staff Emeritus
Messages
16,472
United States
NW Montana
Messages
GTP-Pako
Messages
GTP Pako
Here is a list of processes that I have disabled. All these processes are running in the background, using up precious CPU power. In looking at the list, can anyone see any more trimming that I can do?

http://www.blueonion.net/temp/xp-processes.htm

Also, DMA is set on all hard drives. I have set Virtual Memory to twice that of my systems RAM. I've done extensive registry editing by suggestions, as well as uninstalled unneeded programs. I'm looking to trim off all the fat that I can. Also, I've read some mixed suggestions on setting the performance to "Background Applications" or "Programs". Does anyone know exactly what this does?

~Peace~
 
I think you're on the right track...but I'm not too good at this type of thing so you might wanna ask MistaX. I'm only good at the hardware itself.
 
I haven't seen MistaX here for a while..... does he still come around?
 
Yeah he comes around ever now and then. I think he might of lost some interest. Maybe???
 
See...
 

Attachments

  • untitled.gif
    untitled.gif
    1.5 KB · Views: 44
Thanks..... I guess no one has any clue, eh? :D
 
i'd help ya out, but i'm still runnin 98SE and don't know jack about XP :)
 
Back