XR-7 at El Capitan

Rotary Junkie

Premium
United States
Canton, MI
RJs_RX-7
I know not whether this will be a win on my record or not, I only know that it will be tough sledding.

The car is a near-stock 1967 Mercury Cougar.

Mods: Sports Exhaust, Racing Chip, S1 tires, FC Transmission (set to factory Toploader 4-speed ratios in the first four gears, 3.08 final drive instead of the original 3.89), FC LSD.

337hp, 444 ft-lbs torque, 1418kg curb weight.

Lap 1: Starting at the rear of the field against cars with gobs more power, some with less weight, some with more. The car is not a happy handler at all, understeering profusely, but it's somewhat manageable. Too much fighting to get a laptime, wound up following the Viper across the finish line, me in fourth.

Lap 2: Not available.

-----------------

I have absobloodylutely no clue what lap it is at this point, most likely about lap 5, maybe six. Been racing for 10 minutes, no idea what lap times are. Got steamrolled by the TVR down the straight and passed, although I've been ahead of him for a couple laps, and the lap before this one I had to pass him back as well. Things are getting scary, and my tires are already tending towards yellow.

It's now lap seven, my tires are worn to yellow, and I just clocked my BEST lap of the race at a 2:01.906. Both Vipers passed me down the front straight, and I've lost sight of the leading Cerbera.

It ain't gonna happen. I pulled around for another lap, hit the pits, and called it a day. Maybe if the car had a decent suspension I'd have a chance. Or maybe if it wasn't eating the S1s like they're S3s.

But not today. Today, the supercars get a win.

That sucks to hear RJ. Perhaps you should tweak it a bit more so its competitive and go again. ;)

Back