xx

  • Thread starter Thread starter pimp racer
  • 23 comments
  • 883 views
Nice buy, but too bad you don't know how to drive stick. I'd generally consider this to be the best small truck you can buy, but I had problems with it's seats more than anything.
 
Just to poke your brain a little bit, why did you choose a name like Toyota for a truck and not a more well known name for trucks like Ford or Chevy or Dodge

Just out of curiousity.
 
Well, if you don't need a full-size truck, the Tacoma is a good option. Granted, in most circumstances I would only buy a Silverado if I needed a truck, but a Tacoma would be far-better than it's own Chevrolet competition, the Colorado.
 
for the price couldnt you have got a full size one? economy is about the same with the small V8s
 
Ooops, my bad... I must have read too fast and made an assumption...

...You could have gone with the Mitsubishi Raider (ROFL!)...
 
Congrats! Nice truck by the way. 👍 👍 Have fun!
 
YSSMAN
Ooops, my bad... I must have read too fast and made an assumption...

...You could have gone with the Mitsubishi Raider (ROFL!)...

:lol: No Raider for me. Didnt like it that much at all the bed was nice but thats it.

High-Test
Congrats! Nice truck by the way. 👍 👍 Have fun!

Thanks!
 
Congrats – you’ll like it a lot. How do I know? My dad has almost the exact same truck: 2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Long Bed, but with 4WD and leather seats and the shinier wheels.

There are a few gripes: The brake pedal clatters if you lift off it quickly; the thing’s a b**ch to park; the steering feels kind of inaccurate; most of the interior plastics are too hard; and most of all, the front seats are simply too low. Seriously, those front seats are so incredibly uncomfortable after a few hours – I’d much rather sit in the back.

However, everything else is great. The engine pulls like a V-8, the slushbox works well enough, the interior is nice for a truck, clever ideas abound, the red lighting Just Works™ at night, and it feels like it’ll stay together for fifty years. Except for some of the interior plastics – we’ve already had at least three pieces fall off. And the ground clearance is amazing.

Have fun with it! Oh, and, bring a ladder outside if you wash it yourself.
 
Delirious XVII
Just to poke your brain a little bit, why did you choose a name like Toyota for a truck and not a more well known name for trucks like Ford or Chevy or Dodge

Just out of curiousity.

obviously you know nothing about small trucks or you'd know the lil taco is actually a great truck hell toyota pickups will run forever you can beat the snot out of them and they just keep running i had an 88 toy with over 350k on it before i scrapped it with the body falling off and my dad has a 98 with over 280 on it and it still has the orig clutch albeit its starting to get a lil weak but yes toyota beats ford chevy and dodge in the small truck market just my 2 cents
 
pimp racer
Infact I looked at the Titan but that was a V8 and I wanted a V6.


Nissan Frontier FTW.👍

Edit: Mmmm, NISMO.
nissan-frontier-2005.jpg
 
Delirious XVII
Just to poke your brain a little bit, why did you choose a name like Toyota for a truck and not a more well known name for trucks like Ford or Chevy or Dodge

Just out of curiousity.

Maybe it's got something to do with the fact that Ford, Chevrolet, and Dodge produce the three worst trucks on the market?

Okay I'm being harsh on the Dakota which I actually really like but seriously - the Ford Ranger is straight up the worst small truck, and the Chevrolet Colorado takes second (behind the Ranger and its twin, the Mazda B-series).

The best midsize trucks are imported.

pimp_racer I like the truck a lot. Why didn't you get 4WD?
 
Delirious XVII
Just to poke your brain a little bit, why did you choose a name like Toyota for a truck and not a more well known name for trucks like Ford or Chevy or Dodge

Just out of curiousity.
LOL

Thats a funny post....
 
pimp racer
No 4wd because my dad says its no need in FL. I tried convincing him but he said its just pointless having 4wd. He payed for it so I dont care. Its for me but I think he likes it alot since he takes it everywhere so I might have to steal it back this summer. :lol:

That's probably accurate. I think you'll eventually find that double cab Tacomas with 2WD are rare, and double cab long bed models with 2WD are nearly non-existent. I've never seen one (though in Colorado, 2WD pickups are rare in general).
 
M5Power
That's probably accurate. I think you'll eventually find that double cab Tacomas with 2WD are rare, and double cab long bed models with 2WD are nearly non-existent. I've never seen one (though in Colorado, 2WD pickups are rare in general).

Ya not many in FL as well most are 4wd. I really wish we would have gotten it but oh well. :( More pics coming as soon as I get home.
 
A compact truck from the Big 3 over a Tacoma? I don't think so.

Really nice truck indeed, pimp racer. :drool:👍 The 4WD version of your pickup is the truck of my dreams. I can do without the running-board as well, but skidplate sounds like a cool, useful option to have. I think the 10-year extended warranty on a Toyota pickup is pretty much waste of money. :p

Congratulations!
 
Nice truck, hope you got some fun things to put in the 6 foot bed for the weekends and holidays. :)
 
a6m5
A compact truck from the Big 3 over a Tacoma? I don't think so.

Really nice truck indeed, pimp racer. :drool:👍 The 4WD version of your pickup is the truck of my dreams. I can do without the running-board as well, but skidplate sounds like a cool, useful option to have. I think the 10-year extended warranty on a Toyota pickup is pretty much waste of money. :p

Congratulations!

Yeah I really was thinking about a S-10 or F150 but I decided to try other other trucks (The Taco and Honda Ridge.) Thats when I felt that the Taco met all MY requirements while the others didnt. Yes the Warranty is a waste of money but it can be useful at times.

VIPERGTSR01
Nice truck, hope you got some fun things to put in the 6 foot bed for the weekends and holidays. :)

Can easily fit 6 kegs. :dopey: :drool: :cheers:
 
pimp racer
Does your dad have a Auto or Manual? Also if ya dont mind me asking what color is it? I really wanted the color black but they didnt have it then. :( We also decided that this was meant for some long trips as well so we didnt want the troubles of manual on long trips gets tiring.
It’s an auto; my dad test-drove a manual, and didn’t like the feel of it. I’m a manual fan, but in a big truck I think an auto fits in nicely, because it gives you one less thing to worry about while trying to maneuver it. Plus, ours is also used for long trips – in fact, just a couple hours ago I got home from a trip to Mammoth, which was about 300 miles, and the truck worked nicely for that trip, though there seems to be a leak in the sealing around the driver’s window, because it was making a low-pitch whistle at speeds above 50 mph.

Oh, and, it’s that sandy beige color. We live in a very dusty area, so that color keeps it from looking dirty. :D My Mazda 3 is dark gray, and the dust shows up within an hour of washing it.
 
I'm jealous, those are GREAT trucks! I would go for short bed though.
 
Delirious XVII
Just to poke your brain a little bit, why did you choose a name like Toyota for a truck and not a more well known name for trucks like Ford or Chevy or Dodge

Just out of curiousity.

your joking right?

I love my Chevy truck, but go anywhere else in the world and say the word truck and someone will say Toyota.
 
87chevy
your joking right?

I love my Chevy truck, but go anywhere else in the world and say the word truck and someone will say Toyota.


toyota makes the best light trucks on the market period. ford has 3/4 ton and above segment dominated you can beat the hell out of super dutys and not break them
 
Back