XXX : The Return of Xander Cage : Vin Diesel, Donnie Yen, Deepika Padukone, Tony Jaa, Ruby Rose

GTP_Orido
Surprised there's no thread on this movie yet, so here's one, with a trailer :

Donnie Yen old training videos and his style of action :

XXX3.jpg

Synopsis :

Extreme athlete turned government operative Xander Cage (Vin Diesel), thought to be long dead, comes out of self-imposed exile as recruited by the CIA to race villain Xiang (Donnie Yen) to recover a powerful weapon known as "Pandora's Box" which can control military satellites which could cause catastrophic damage. Recruiting a group of thrill-seeking cohorts (a sharpshooter and a hacker), Xander finds himself caught up in a deadly conspiracy of corruption among world governments including insiders in his own country's government

Cast List :

From Wikipedia : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XXX:_Return_of_Xander_Cage

In theatres January 20 2017.

Shame that the movie is rated PG-13, I had wished it would be rated R :( Looks like non stop action, and I'm thrilled with the casting of Donnie Yen, Tony Jaa and Samuel L Jackson is back :D

XXX3-1.jpg

XXX3-2.jpg

XXX3-4.jpg

XXX3-6.jpg

XXX3-3.jpg

XXX3-5.jpg

xxx-Return-of-Xander-Cage-Cast.jpg

Last edited:
...So, uh, Vin picked up the rejected script for F&F7 and turned it into a xXx movie? 'Cuz that synopsis sounds just like that of F&F7 to me.... :odd:

Oh, and BTW, where's Ice Cube gone off to? Is he also "dead"? I thought he was hilarious in the second film.

No, wait. Here. Albeit dead beyond the OP.

...Time for The Magical Thread Merge!!

Given the reactions to the most recent Fast and Furious trailer, you have to wonder how bad the script was for it to be rejected ...

Don't want to go too far off topic, but I'm firmly in the "not getting why all the hate" camp. I mean, it's like beating a dead horse - or more like trying to criticize Michael Bay movie for containing too many explosions. We all know Bay loves 'em kablooey stuff. And by now we should also know what to expect from an F&F movie. To moan that it's too this and too much of that seems like a wasted breath to me.

Right, back on topic. Seeing that it's slated for a late January release, this will be a stinker. There, I called it. An action movie getting a theatrical run around this time of the year signifies the lack of trust placed on it by the producers and the distributors. There have been a few exceptions in the past but most of these movies are candidates for Straight-to-Netflix category were it not for the dearth of exciting films in the local cinemas.

Right here.

No, wait. Here. Albeit dead beyond the OP.

Oops, really sorry, didn't know that thread already existed, maybe it can be merged ?

...So, uh, Vin picked up the rejected script for F&F7 and turned it into a xXx movie? 'Cuz that synopsis sounds just like that of F&F7 to me.... :odd:

Oh, and BTW, where's Ice Cube gone off to? Is he also "dead"? I thought he was hilarious in the second film.

The story sounds like FF7 candidate :lol: I read somewhere that Ice Cube will have a cameo role in the movie, though don't quote me on that.

That's because we're all trying to pretend that it doesn't exist.

Given the reactions to the most recent Fast and Furious trailer, you have to wonder how bad the script was for it to be rejected ...

I don't think anyone expects anything else from the film. The first two were pretty horrible.

The first 2 XXX were not great in story, more like a simple silly plot to join the action pieces.

The 1st XXX was still fun to watch for me, it's turn off your brain type action movie, the first half of the movie is enjoyable ( XXX recruitment ) though I didn't like the villain, not great enough for Xander :lol:

For the 2nd one with Ice Cube, that was more like comedy for me, it was so funny just to watch Ice Cube tried to be like Xander, plot was forgettable, and the last action sequence driving on the rail road was "wut"

I don't know what to expect on this 3rd installment, maybe the action scenes could bring the viewer from falling asleep ? Just hoping the presence of Tony Jaa and Donnie Yen are well utilized, Donnie's fight choreography is excellent, and I hope Tony Jaa great stunt and fighting skills would be shown more, unlike in FF7 :(

Maybe this movie would be in that "so bad, it's good" category.

I beg to differ. First film was actually quite tolerable. Dare I say it, it's even aged fairly well, considering how.... campy it is. As for the second one.... well, it's got Willem Dafoe in it, so there.

Yeah, the second was crap. "Studio wants a follow up to the first one that did well in theaters...but Vin Diesel doesn't want to"

Seems almost like the problems FF series faced. The only thing worse than the second XXX that Ice Cube had a role in was Torque...and let's not even go there.

Yeah, the second was crap. "Studio wants a follow up to the first one that did well in theaters...but Vin Diesel doesn't want to"

Seems almost like the problems FF series faced. The only thing worse than the second XXX that Ice Cube had a role in was Torque...and let's not even go there.

...Oh boy. I remember Torque. I remember it being a poor attempt at ripping off the "resounding success" of Biker Boyz (remember that one? No?) Okay, maybe not, but both released around the similar time frame, both about bikes and street racing, and both of them certifiable turkeys so yeah.

The gut punch here is that Ice Cube is a decent actor. See him in movies like Boyz 'n da Hood, Ghosts of Mars or even Friday and you get the sense that he could have been a big household name were it not for the terrible choices in later projects - like Are We There Yet and its sequel.

...Oh boy. I remember Torque. I remember it being a poor attempt at ripping off the "resounding success" of Biker Boyz (remember that one? No?) Okay, maybe not, but both released around the similar time frame, both about bikes and street racing, and both of them certifiable turkeys so yeah.

The gut punch here is that Ice Cube is a decent actor. See him in movies like Boyz 'n da Hood, Ghosts of Mars or even Friday and you get the sense that he could have been a big household name were it not for the terrible choices in later projects - like Are We There Yet and its sequel.
You forgot All About The Benjamins. 👍

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1293847/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm

Ice Cube is in the cast list as Darius Stone, so I guess he has a cameo there, and Donnie Yen is uncredited for fight choreography, just hope the camera editing is up to scratch. Donnie's camera/editing work during fight scenes is great on his HK movies, not sure if in this movie he has full control or not.

Well it's been said for a while since it was announced that Ice Cube would make a cameo but I haven't seen his name listed much else. It will probably be as meaningless as Lucas Black's cameo in Furious 7.

...Well, the reviews are in, and most of them go along the lines of...

Not that surprising, really.

Back