y0

Status
Not open for further replies.

dscvxdvcdfdfd

(Banned)
well im new here (sort of), I registered god knows when; i cant even remember myself, but anyway as you guessed by my username i wasnt really bothered about posting when I registered however now that ive got a ps3 i want to start posting, any chance of a username change? thanks

also gt ftw!

please dont crucifie me as this is my first post; go easy on me people :nervous:

Hi there and welcome to :gtplanet:

I've moved your thread from the GT5 forum to our new "Introductions" area which was created for threads like this.

In answer to your question, you can change your username if you purchase a Premium Subscription, which you could just do for 1 month ($4) and request you username change before your Premium Membership expires. 👍
As a non-Premium member you cannot change names.

Lastly we do have a minimum standard of English required when posting here as we're a very large and very international forum attracting members from all across the globe. Anything you can do to make your posts more understandable to non-native English speakers is very helpful, and to this end the following paragraph appears (and is required to be obeyed) in our Acceptable Use Policy:

No slang words that promote laziness, ie; “r”, “u”, “plz”, etc. will be tolerated. Decent grammar is expected, including proper usage of capital letters. Repeated violations will be grounds for suspension and/or permanent removal from the forums. All messages must be posted in English.

This means that you should make the effort in future to use capital letters at the beginning of each sentence you post here, when you us "I" to refer to yourself, and you must include the apostrophe in words like "I'm", "I've", "can't", "wasn't", etc.

Not "crucifying" you here, but look at it as a friendly "heads-up" so you're aware of the rules when posting here in future so as to keep you out of trouble.

Thanks and enjoy the site.

erm my writing is understandable, I dont give a **** if you think I should put commas etc in my posts, i come on here to chill out, not to fanny about taking an english exam, i really dont see the problem, if its understandable (which it is) then fook off with your drivel please, infact who the hell are you to tell me how to spell and structure my sentances and grammar?

I wouldn't bother spending the $4 to change your name, dscvxdvcdfdfd, unless you decide to ease the hostility back a bit. Misspellings, punctuation errors, attempted bypassing of the swear filter and a "who the hell are you to tell me how to..." to a Mod will not end well.

Welcome to the fold.

These are the rules and everyone that wants to stay here must fulfill them. And this is a very good rule, as it has helped me in writing I in capital. As to your question: I believe he is the super moderator in this forum and can tell you anything he pleases about this forum. I think you will be lucky, to get off on a warning after an outbreak like that, as it is clear to me, that you aren't serious about this forum.

Yes, perhaps not the best of ways to introduce yourself to the forum. As Smallhorses mentioned, we have a large community of users here for whom English isn't their first language. Structuring your posts as clearly as possible and using good spelling, punctuation and grammar means that people don't have to struggle to read your posts. It's nothing more than being considerate and polite.

I vist different forums regularly, with a multitude of users whos language is not english, yet they understand me, and every other english user on the forum, I honetly dont see the problem, infact, many people dont no how to use punctuation such as apostrophes, very strict rules indeed and tbh, id rather not use a forum that is dictated by simpletons :D

Thanks.

Nobody said you have to be a part of this forum. And believe me I have been a part of many forums, that didn't have this rule, but this gives a much better and civilized feeling to it, because a message like:
dis iz a example of a stupid post nd i hope u lyk it

is just so annoying sometimes.

I wonder if Smallhorses has read this guy's reply yet...
Possibility of the quickest infraction ever? :lol:

Nobody said you have to be a part of this forum. And believe me I have been a part of many forums, that didn't have this rule, but this gives a much better and civilized feeling to it, because a message like:
dis iz a example of a stupid post nd i hope u lyk it

is just so annoying sometimes.

I agree with the bold part, and I agree words should be spelt correctly or as well as you can and grammar such as commas and full stops should be used, however, I think it's absurd that people have to use grammar and type like your taking an English degree exam at university. What about people who are not the most educated people about, or people who have dislexia? It is completely over the top and the admin(s) who made these rules, quite frankly need to get off their high 🤬 horses!

And I think you all need to live a little 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody said, that you have to spell like you are taking an english degree exam, but you should make the effort. Just using capitals at the beginning of a sentence makes a world of difference. I think you think, that you have to type everything correctly. You don't, as the admins only expect the essentials.
I hope! :scared:

But its a god dam forum were you come and chill out and talk about whatever subject the forum is about, i.e Gran Turismo.. I dont come on here to re-read my posts to make sure I havnt missed any apostrophes which make no difference to the way the words are said, its human instinct to realise that a word such as "hasn't" spelt "hasnt" means "has not", douchebags.

Again I say that your post doesn't have to be perfect. I even think, that you would get off fine without commas and missing a couple of apostrophes so all in all thats only the capitals, the full stops and apostrophes. You can also afford to forget some full stops, but I try to avoid that. Really the rules don't seem that strict to me.

While a native English speaker may be able to decipher just about anything written in less than perfect English a foreigner may, or more like will, not. The point of forums is that people can communicate with each other, preferably without misunderstandings, and having a common language with as perfect grammar as possible so that everybody understands it is one of the requirements for the system to work. Putting things in perspective it's (theoretically at least) as hard for you to understand non-textbook Finnish as it's for me to understand non-textbook English.

Spelling mistakes are understandable if you can't write properly. It's not if you can't be bothered to and I don't think there's much doubt about which one is the case here. Insulting people because they're trying to give you advice to keep you from getting banned isn't the brightest idea either.

well im new here (sort of) ... ..please dont crucifie me as this is my first post; go easy on me people :nervous:

I dont give a **** if you.. ...fook off with your drivel please, infact who the hell are you to tell me how to spell and structure my sentances and grammar?

...need to get off their high 🤬 horses!

And I think you all need to live a little 👍

...douchebags.

:lol: Thanks for the good laugh buddy!

..id rather not use a forum that is dictated by simpletons :D
Thanks.

..off you go then :D ..you're welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Again I say that your post doesn't have to be perfect. I even think, that you would get off fine without commas and missing a couple of apostrophes so all in all thats only the capitals, the full stops and apostrophes. You can also afford to forget some full stops, but I try to avoid that. Really the rules don't seem that strict to me.

Well from the English lesson the mod gave me in the post above, they come across as extremely strict, and another member on here, who I know, got an infraction because he forgot to put one apostrophe in a word, absoloutly pathetic. Even if the rules dont seem that strict, I think it's an abomination that these rules are up in the first place, what is next, "only those who have blonde hair may register".

When I come on the internet to "chill", I dont want to have to mess about making sure I spell everything right, I much prefer the casual post. Also, the point you made about foreign people not understanding words/posts with bad spelling/grammar, well, two option;

1, learn to speak English in the first place
2, **** off.

Thankyou, and get out of your house and live.

Well from the English lesson the mod gave me in the post above, they come across as extremely strict, and another member on here, who I know, got an infraction because he forgot to put one apostrophe in a word, absoloutly pathetic. Even if the rules dont seem that strict, I think it's an abomination that these rules are up in the first place, what is next, "only those who have blonde hair may register".

When I come on the internet to "chill", I dont want to have to mess about making sure I spell everything right, I much prefer the casual post. Also, the point you made about foreign people not understanding words/posts with bad spelling/grammar, well, two option;

1, learn to speak English in the first place
2, **** off.

Thankyou, and get out of your house and live.

I have a better idea 💡

if you don't respect the rules:
1.Learn to do so
**** off.

If you want to chill then go somewhere else, as this is obviously too complicated for you to understand, that the rules are like they are and if you don't like it, then
**** off.

another member on here, who I know, got an infraction because he forgot to put one apostrophe in a word

Never happened.

I think it's an abomination that these rules are up in the first place

You're quite welcome to not agree with them by not registering. As it happens you chose to register and accept them, then you chose to behave like an arse and got banned. Happy days.

Aye well, admins better get ready for the legal action I am going to be taking :D

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at that consultation:

Lawyer: "So what're you here for?"
dscvxdvcdfdfd: "Well I joined a website, broke their rules, swore at everyone, and now I'd like to sue them for banning me."
Lawyer: "That'll be a $150 consultation fee, thank you very much. Now run along you timewasting muppet!"

In fact, I'd volunteer to be that Lawyer, sounds like easy money to me!! :sly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back