Yakuza 0 (PS3/PS4)

England
England
Peasantslayer
I didn't see a thread for this so I thought I'd make one, I got it yesterday and I've made it through the first few hours and despite some archaic design such as: no autosaves or quicksaves, invisible walls in awkward places, lack of VA at certain points, a mini-map that doesn't rotate with your character and seemingly no placeable waypoints for guidance it is shaping up to be a good/great game IMO and from what I've read it gets better.

The combat seems to be improving with every second I play and at times it is truly brutal, reminding me of The Warriors game. The story seems very well done and the HQ cutscenes I have seen so far do a really good job of making you feel for different characters. The world seems very dense so traversing it isn't much of an issue and the variety of mini-games available within 80s Japan is a nice way of breaking up long bouts of combat and cutscenes.

Last edited:
Yeah, I had a blast with Yakuza 0. My first Yakuza game, but definitely not my last. Looking forward to playing Kiwami when it comes out this summer.

Glad to see a thread on Yakuza 0! Started Yakuza 5 late last year and absolutely fell in love with the series. I am so obsessed with the series now. Honestly haven't touched my PS4 in months, until I got Yakuza 0. There's so much character in a game series that's basically a yearly franchise.

Back