Yakuza 3 - Will it come in EU/US?

I own Yakuza 1 & 2. Great story driven games.

All we can do is wait for more info but it does seem it'll make it here eventually.

WOOT so glad this game is coming to the US. I have been waiting for this game since Yakuza 2 was released and just glad to see its coming sooner then I thought. But imo the Yakuza games story are alot better then the GTA storys. I can never play GTA all the way through because the story just never holds me.

Some news that Yakuza 3 EU/US release may have English voice actors. When Sega announced Yakuza 3 was coming they stated it would be English subtitles only.

http://www.ps3center.net/news/4221/yakuza-3-may-have-english-voice-acting-afterall/

Sega made a lot of PS3 owners very happy late in 2009 when they announced that Yakuza 3 would finally be making the leap across the pond from Japan to North America and Europe. Sega originally had no plans to bring the title over, but fan response encouraged them to do so. However, in a move presumably to keep the localization costs low, Sega did specify that the game would feature the original Japanese voice overs with English subtitles.

Something must has changed over at Sega, though, as Sega of America studio director Constantine Hantzopoulos has seemingly confirmed the North American/European localization will have English voice overs. Speaking on the latest 4 Guys 1 Up podcast, Constantine talks extensively about the costs of bringing the game over, including hiring voice actors.

"The bulk of the cost is actually the [voice overs]," said Constantine, in regards to how much Sega is spending to bring the game over. "A lot of lines in [Yakuza 3] so obviously the more expensive it gets, you wanna land the right actors, voice the right parts."

"Whenever Sega brings a game over [to the US] and makes the investment, the heavy investment, into localization, we're talking over 500, 600, 700K to localize this game. Lot of voices, lot of different peeps, lot of different characters."

When asked about which voice actors will be featured in Yakuza 3, Constantine simply said they hadn't announced anything yet.

1up podcast here
http://podcast.the1upnetwork.com/flat/1UPYours/4G1U010110.mp3

Not heard the cast yet. Maybe he's just assuming so and started talking about the usual process - got his wires crossed?

I hope we get both the English and Japanese voice actors.

Yakuza 1 had English actors but Yakuza 2 had only Japanese voices and English subtitles.

I recommend you check out Yakuza 3. It has the back story of 1 and 2 so you don't have to necessarily go play the PS2 games. With English voice acting hopefully it'll draw some more people to buy it. I don't mind reading subtitles but I know a lot are put off.

I hope they keep the option to have the Japanese voice with sub titles. Have they given a release date besides just March of 2010?

Back