Yamauchi at Asia Game Show (Hong Kong)

• Thread starter makimak22
  • 20 comments
asobu225599
Hi guys,

Merry X'mas. I just got home from the Asia Game Show (I am in Hong Kong). And Yamauchi held a mini conference about the Chinese version of GT5 (to be launch the same date as the Japanese version - March 2010)

He showed us a new trailer with mostly old footage, but a few bits of new stuff were spliced in-between.

Among other things, I saw street circuits of Madrid and Rome, and the previous "airport runway" track now has a private jet on it chasing the cars.

My friend captured the video screen on his digital camera and will upload to youtube soon. It's not HD, but still worth watching...

Will post the link ASAP.

Kaz is a huge dick if game is released same time that in Japan in somewhere else than GT's biggest market, EU. Same guys won't translate game to every language so there is no reason delay other countries. And China is freaking a communist country, release date seems so unreal.

I'm curious about that footage!
It would be only logical to release that video on the gran turismo site.. but..
we can't trust kaz on that

Hi guys,

Merry X'mas. I just got home from the Asia Game Show (I am in Hong Kong). And Yamauchi held a mini conference about the Chinese version of GT5 (to be launch the same date as the Japanese version - March 2010)

He showed us a new trailer with mostly old footage, but a few bits of new stuff were spliced in-between.

Among other things, I saw street circuits of Madrid and Rome, and the previous "airport runway" track now has a private jet on it chasing the cars.

My friend captured the video screen on his digital camera and will upload to youtube soon. It's not HD, but still worth watching...

Will post the link ASAP.

Woooohooooo, nice! Upload it as fast as possible please!:bowdown:

And if you don't, I will find you. :P

Kaz is a huge dick if game is released same time that in Japan in somewhere else than GT's biggest market, EU. Same guys won't translate game to every language so there is no reason delay other countries. And China is freaking a communist country, release date seems so unreal.

China is not a communist country! In a true communist country there wouldn't be a State...

Didn't Chinese versions of some Japanese games feature English aswell? I mean since HongKong still has English as one of its official languages and a special status among other Chinese cities, wouldn'd it make sense?

I could be wrong though....

Iam looking foreward to the new video, but whats that thing with the private jet? Can we do this in GT5?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4xKok_bb0I

Much fail in your post.

Just wait for the release date.. he never said that it's coming out later in EU and the states.
second of all, IF it comes out later, expect that to be the work of sony who will shift the big titles to get more sales.. that is not neccesary up to PD and/or Kaz.

@ Custer:

Yes.. it happens a lot that the chinese version of a game also contains english as a option or entirely.
I just imported the chinese version of demon souls, and it's indeed in english.

Much fail in your post.
Just wait for the release date.. he never said that it's coming out later in EU and the states.
second of all, IF it comes out later, expect that to be the work of sony who will shift the big titles to get more sales.. that is not neccesary up to PD and/or Kaz.

EU and US release info was posted on main page some time a go. So i did not fail in this. Summer 2010 in US and EU is the only info we have for now.

EU and US release info was posted on main page some time a go. So i did not fail in this. Summer 2010 in US and EU is the only info we have for now.

I beleive he means grammar wise, which it is an epic fail.

Guys,

This is the TRADITIONAL Chinese version, which is intended for Hong Kong and Taiwan. China (which uses SIMPLIFIED Chinese) itself places HEAVY restriction on video games and PS3 (as well as PSP/360/Wii) are not officially sold in China. These are imported `illegally` into China.

Also The Chinese version of `GT5 Prologue` DOES NOT contain English language option. So my guess is the Chinese version of GT5 would be the same.

Also The Chinese version of `GT5 Prologue` DOES NOT contain English language option. So my guess is the Chinese version of GT5 would be the same.

I'd like to know whether the Traditional Chinese version of Prologue got its Spec III update yet? :sly:
I gave up my Chinese version of Prologue since the time it didn't update at the same time as the other versions (JP, EU & US).

I'd like to know whether the Traditional Chinese version of Prologue got its Spec III update yet? :sly:
I gave up my Chinese version of Prologue since the time it didn't update at the same time as the other versions (JP, EU & US).

Last time I check, no. 👎

I would suggest avoiding the Chinese version and get the Japanese, or the English version, if you want to receive future updates as soon as possible (if at all).

Considering the Japanese and UK versions of the demo both read the region they were being played in and adjusted language and units of measurement according to that region, I'm really hoping the Japanese version of GT5 will do the same!

Last time I check, no. 👎

I would suggest avoiding the Chinese version and get the Japanese, or the English version, if you want to receive future updates as soon as possible (if at all).

Sad to hear that. 👎
So I've made a correct decision in giving up my Traditional Chinese version. 👍 and yep, I'm gonna buy the Japanese version instead, if the EU version isn't release within a month.. as you know, the wait is killing me. :ouch:

Considering the Japanese and UK versions of the demo both read the region they were being played in and adjusted language and units of measurement according to that region, I'm really hoping the Japanese version of GT5 will do the same!

I think the menus should be more or less the same as those in Prologue, which include English words but Japanese for description, showing underneath. Also, Japanese characters will be used for car names in the Pre-race Entry List. Besides those, I guess everything else would be pretty much the same in all versions. 👍

Wasn't the Chinese version of GT5 going to be a PC version? :dunce:

If that was a Simplified Chinese version, it might be the case. :lol:
It's because Traditional Chinese version is distributed for Hong Kong, Taiwan and Singapore. ;)

Back