Yellow Flag Penalties

Australia
Australia
So I was hit with a 3 second penalty in a recent nations qualifying session at Blue Moon Bay, and the only reason I can think of is that the game enforced a no-overtaking rule on me.

As far as I could tell, it seems to implement the penalty only if the player passes someone under yellow after they have had the yellow flag warning appear on their screen for roughly 2 seconds or more.

Have I understood the game mechanism here correctly? If I have, is this a recent change?

I got one at the Nurb GP circuit a few months ago. Someone tried to cut the chicane (or was forced off track in the same manner, I forget) and reset just before the corner just as I was reaching it. I got a 3 second penalty. Since I've passed plenty of cars who were on-track and spinning or not moving forward under yellows and not had a penalty, I'm assuming it was something to do with the timing of when they were reset and I passed them. Did you save the replay of qualifying to check?

I got one at the Nurb GP circuit a few months ago. Someone tried to cut the chicane (or was forced off track in the same manner, I forget) and reset just before the corner just as I was reaching it. I got a 3 second penalty. Since I've passed plenty of cars who were on-track and spinning or not moving forward under yellows and not had a penalty, I'm assuming it was something to do with the timing of when they were reset and I passed them. Did you save the replay of qualifying to check?

Unfortunately no. I have seen it on the slipstreaming thread though however.

So I was hit with a 3 second penalty in a recent nations qualifying session at Blue Moon Bay, and the only reason I can think of is that the game enforced a no-overtaking rule on me.

As far as I could tell, it seems to implement the penalty only if the player passes someone under yellow after they have had the yellow flag warning appear on their screen for roughly 2 seconds or more.

Have I understood the game mechanism here correctly? If I have, is this a recent change?
I feel you, I had my Porsche GR4 so obviously slowers than all Mercredes and a guy overtook me dangerously.
Absolutely no contact after viewing the reply in the 1st corner, I left him all the space and turned quite out, Never stepped out of the track but I got a -30SR and a 5sec penalty for track limits and pushing a car...

So after all this time. Is this what happened to me as well? Passing under yellow although it out of my control? This video is two years old btw.

So after all this time. Is this what happened to me as well? Passing under yellow although it out of my control? This video is two years old btw.

Wow that's an odd one. It's not a yellow flag, that has always been 3 seconds.
It looks like it's from the car behind you. He lag taps you first, then when you start braking you get the first 5 seconds. Then you get another 5 seconds for the 'brake check'.

Interesting, maybe what we have now is the old penalty system... You got punted and got 5 second penalty. And that first one the game somehow saw it as an advantage for you when you started braking. Total crap.

Yellow flag penalties are always fun, the most I have seen is 4 cars in a row getting the penalty for passing a car that went off under a yellow flag from an accident much further ahead (out of range). I guess all traffic had to stop to wait for the idiot that went wide under a yellow flag.

Wow that's an odd one. It's not a yellow flag, that has always been 3 seconds.
It looks like it's from the car behind you. He lag taps you first, then when you start braking you get the first 5 seconds. Then you get another 5 seconds for the 'brake check'.

Interesting, maybe what we have now is the old penalty system... You got punted and got 5 second penalty. And that first one the game somehow saw it as an advantage for you when you started braking. Total crap.

Yellow flag penalties are always fun, the most I have seen is 4 cars in a row getting the penalty for passing a car that went off under a yellow flag from an accident much further ahead (out of range). I guess all traffic had to stop to wait for the idiot that went wide under a yellow flag.

Ok. It seemed weird. Back then I was just starting out. I didn’t know what the hell was going on lol. I just rage quit. I was D/S at the time so I didn’t care.

Latest Posts

Back