Yellow Flag Woe

stevenhiggster
I originally thought the yellow flag system was awesome and all the people moaning about getting penalties were just cry babies. Until today.

This was a great race, a very hard fought but fair race. Ruined by this crap. He was ghosted, I deliberately slowed a little and there you go, have a 5 second penalty for no reason. (oddly the penalty doesn't show in replays but you can see my position tumble from 6th to 12th)

When watched from the view of the guy behind me you can see the ghost car solidifies at the very millisecond that I passed it.

I should never have gotten a penalty for that, the car(s) that cause a yellow flag should be completely excluded from any penalties whether they unghost or not. Certainly not fair that I got a penalty and the guy behind me didn't.
This needs fixed before it ruins many more races than it already has.

Yup happened to me yesterday, got rammed from behind and I ended up hitting the car in front of me, the car behind and in front of me both became ghosts, however the 3rd car next to the car in front of me wasn't but he slowed down and for the very moment "no passing" came up as I passed the slowed down car and was given a 5 second penalty. This still needs some working on by PD.

Yup happened to me yesterday, got rammed from behind and I ended up hitting the car in front of me, the car behind and in front of me both became ghosts, however the 3rd car next to the car in front of me wasn't but he slowed down and for the very moment "no passing" came up as I passed the slowed down car and was given a 5 second penalty. This still needs some working on by PD.

+1
and /or make a green flag when the yellow is over !

@stevenhiggster - You see! We told you so :P

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/new-yellow-flags.369967/

I think as well as fixing that obvious bug, they should consider anyone dramatically slowed as being part of the incident as well (I doubt they do this already, but could be wrong). Say two cars crash right in front of you, and you only manage to avoid hitting them by slowing massively. That could still leave a clear path for others cars to get by and I don't think they should be penalised for going past in that case.

So let's say they fix the bug. Still, as cars pick up speed after being in an incident, at some point a car has to be considered no longer part of the incident. This is tricky, because the yellow flag might still be in effect for other cars. Ideally it flips at the same time, so perhaps the car only stops being part of the incident as it passes a green flag post. The important thing is to avoid 'gotcha' moments like the bug gives us.

The whole yellow flag system in place does not make sense where the rest of the field still is going full speed while the individual driver is penalized. That should be changed in the 1.07 patch.

I originally thought the yellow flag system was awesome and all the people moaning about getting penalties were just cry babies. Until today.

This was a great race, a very hard fought but fair race. Ruined by this crap. He was ghosted, I deliberately slowed a little and there you go, have a 5 second penalty for no reason. (oddly the penalty doesn't show in replays but you can see my position tumble from 6th to 12th)

When watched from the view of the guy behind me you can see the ghost car solidifies at the very millisecond that I passed it.

I should never have gotten a penalty for that, the car(s) that cause a yellow flag should be completely excluded from any penalties whether they unghost or not. Certainly not fair that I got a penalty and the guy behind me didn't.

Wow, that is horrible... That isn't fair

Yeah - happened to me today too. I got a penalty, but the guy right behind me didn't!

Last lap of Alsace one-make today, I'd just entered the right-hander to the "chicane" at the end of the lap and the two cars in front of me had crashed/spun and ghosted (both pointing at right angles away from the direction they should be). Yellow flag was shown as I was alongside the first, then avoided the second, turned left onto the straight and 5 second penalty before the finish line. I couldn't have avoided it even if I tried.

Latest Posts

Back