Yes!! Christmas has come in scc!!

• Thread starter MichaelF1
  • 11 comments
So I finally got my copy of SCC yesterday, after totally missing the boat with this title, I've been playing Grid & Shift, and any "racing" game i could get my hands on to pass the time till GT5. So when i found out about SCC i found this forum and read as much as i could about peoples feedback & opinions on the game, an like any game it has plenty of mixed reviews....so i just bit the bullet an ordered it, i figured hell, it cant be that bad since it is more "sim" based then most PS3 racing games....but wasn't sure if id like it since FC didn't really do it for me.

So i threw in SCC last night when i got home, as the title screen came up my first impression was "this music is great & epic, i like"...lol....i only played for about an hour with the DB9 around Spa.....and.....HOLY CRAP!!! :dopey: THIS GAME IS AWESOME!!!!! SERIOUSLY AWESOME!!!!....

As far as the physic go, Ive been amateur racing & doing autocross in my little miata for a few years now, so im familiar with the concept of braking in a straight line, actual braking points, weight transfer, etc etc....so the physics in the game felt awesome to me.....

I also thought the sound was great!!...i love the squeaking of the brakes, just like real racing spec cars brakes sound, the creaking of the chassis around bumps, the "hollow" sound of what the inside of a stripped out car would be....

...basically i am really impressed with the game an cant wait to start racing with this community here on the forum, my pace is no where near where it should be but practice makes perfect and ill be racing asap!!

gogamer.com

play.com

game.co.uk

thehut.com

cdwow.us

play-asia.com

I ordered my copy from gogamer.com $29.99 shipped
received it about a week.

....i only played for about an hour with the DB9 around Spa.....and.....HOLY CRAP!!! :dopey: THIS GAME IS AWESOME!!!!! SERIOUSLY AWESOME!!!!....

It's great to hear that your first impression with SCC has been so overwhelmingly positive. 👍 Welcome to what most 'regulars' in this forum seem to think is the best kept secret in the PS3 world. The game is far from perfect and it has many well documented faults. But what it does, it does VERY well. It's rough, it's raw, it's brutal and it's just sooooo good. :sly:

The only thing I find puzzling about this, is the comment that FC "didn't do it" for you. I'll admit I haven't put FC in the PS3 since I got SCC, but I really don't think SCC is substantially different from FC in its physics. It IS much improved online, but, on the other hand, the offline is much worse than FC.

Glad to hear that you appreciate the features of SCC that we all enjoy with this game Michael!:)

Call me crazy, but I've always thought that a good racing game should have first and foremost, a good physics model & control system (i.e, force feedback). Secondly, it should have good online play and visuals that let the player have a good look at the track ahead, and finally accurate sound. SCC definately has all of the above, which makes it the most enjoyable Racer on the platform. (Buy the Corvette and turn up the volume if you like beautiful noise) :drool:

Of course there are some small issues with the game, but all games have quirks and bugs and most of SCC's seem to have been taken care of by Eutechnyx.👍

Where did you get your copy?

I would like to get SCC, but not available in North America (yet?).

Word on the Eutechnyx Forums is it may be coming to North America soon.
But you can always do like I did & just import it from Gameplay.UK

The only thing I find puzzling about this, is the comment that FC "didn't do it" for you. I'll admit I haven't put FC in the PS3 since I got SCC, but I really don't think SCC is substantially different from FC in its physics. It IS much improved online, but, on the other hand, the offline is much worse than FC.

yeah...i cant really explain it myself, maybe its the (small) but more variety of cars besides Ferrari, the new courses...or maybe because i got GT5P and FC at basically the same time an didn't fully give enough time to FC.....

...i originality got SCC to fill the void to GT5, now its just filling the void till a new racing game from Eutechnyx comes out...lol....👍.im impressed to say the least

yeah...i cant really explain it myself, maybe its the (small) but more variety of cars besides Ferrari, the new courses...or maybe because i got GT5P and FC at basically the same time an didn't fully give enough time to FC.....

Yes, there are a few extra cars & tracks, but the SCC GTPlanet events staged by jjaisli haven't even touched the "new" cars yet, so I really don't think they are that significant. I tend to think it was the comparison with GT5P that turned a lot of people off FC. The Eutechnyx games don't even begin to approach PD's visual sophistication, BUT, as people always say: gameplay > graphics. It's always nice to see the visual quality in GT5P, but when you become accustomed to the graphics offered by SCC & are engrossed in the racing action, I don't think it makes that much difference to the racing experience.

Of course, the void to GT5 has proved to be an almost unbelievably long one, but I am just as interested to see what Eutechnyx will come up with next - especially if they were to be given even a fraction of the time & money available to PD.

Back