yes, it has to do with GT5!

  • Thread starter Thread starter MonGnoM
  • 15 comments
  • 1,870 views

MonGnoM

(Banned)
Messages
1,810
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
Messages
MonGnoM
Howdy guys!

when i'm in online lobbies, and i want to say something, i have to write that in the chat section, which isn't a problem.
the problem us, that it takes forever to write something, to hit ecery single letter with the cursor.

so i've heard, that a keyboard with a usb connection is compatible with the PS3, but i want to ask you guys, before i want to buy one,
is a keyboard compatible with the GT5 chat section? and when, which one?


(If it gets too expensive, i'm gonna buy a headset)
 
Yes, any USB keyboard will work. I use one connected to a USB hub on my ps3... But also have a headset for voice chat. You can talk while driving, but even with keyboard you have to pull over to type.
 
Any USB Keyboard is fine, but I highly recommend buying a headset if you can spare the money. Especially so if you frequently play online.

I personally use a Turtle Beach PX21.
However I wouldn't recommend it if you have upper ear piercings like I do as it gets a bit snug :lol:. But if your body hasn't been attacked by an insane flatmate like mine then they're a great headset.
Nice bass and the chat boost feature is pretty handy (though having it deafen you after a crash isn't too fun)

I had constant complaints about my mic cutting out before but since I got this headset everybody can hear me crystal clear 👍

Over here they cost 150 NZD.
 
I have a Mic, but if you are playing late at night with a sleeping wife and child in the next room, voice chat just isn't an option.

Get a cheap USB keyboard. You will find that you have the opposite problem as now - you'll have to focus on being concise or you will type long messages.
 
Howdy guys!

when i'm in online lobbies, and i want to say something, i have to write that in the chat section, which isn't a problem.
the problem us, that it takes forever to write something, to hit ecery single letter with the cursor.

so i've heard, that a keyboard with a usb connection is compatible with the PS3, but i want to ask you guys, before i want to buy one,
is a keyboard compatible with the GT5 chat section? and when, which one?

(If it gets too expensive, i'm gonna buy a headset)

Yes it is. Also, you can get a Bluetooth one, like I have. It is compatible, and can be moved farther. I don't know the name, but it's an apple one that doesn't have a mouse on it.
 
Word of warning, don't buy a cheap USB controller-keypad. They're so laggy and unresponsive, and are just not worth the hassle.

I can't reccomemded any as I haven't tried any others, but I can definitely say don't buy cheap. :p
 
Word of warning, don't buy a cheap USB controller-keypad. They're so laggy and unresponsive, and are just not worth the hassle.

I can't reccomemded any as I haven't tried any others, but I can definitely say don't buy cheap. :p

??? What??? A cheap keyboard will lag and won't keep up with his chat typing? How many words per minute can he type?
 
Word of warning, don't buy a cheap USB controller-keypad. They're so laggy and unresponsive, and are just not worth the hassle.

^ Very true, I bought one and hate it.. A regular USB keyboard for a computer works great, plus u can also grind Indy with your X1 while you sleep :D ..
 
??? What??? A cheap keyboard will lag and won't keep up with his chat typing? How many words per minute can he type?

I said a controller-keyboard (the ones you attach to the top of your DS3).

The cheap ones are awful. Try thinking before whinging.
 
I said a controller-keyboard (the ones you attach to the top of your DS3).

The cheap ones are awful. Try thinking before whinging.

No. You said keypad, which made is sound like a game controller and that you hadn't read the thread before posting. Try to not change history when the actual words you typed are listed just a few posts up.
 
No. You said keypad, which made is sound like a game controller and that you hadn't read the thread before posting. Try to not change history when the actual words you typed are listed just a few posts up.

If I said controller-keypad then I think it's pretty obvious what piece of hardware I was talking about.

Regardless, the cheap KEYPADS are rubbish. Don't buy.
 
GUYS, CALM DOWN
I was just asking if a keyboard is compatible with GT5, 'cause my mother has one ob her work, it's a good one, for free.

it also could be enough answering with yes or no
in this case, yes.

Anyway, thank you guys for your help, i love GTP!
 
Glad that's resolved:sly:
 
Everyone should have a keyboard for voice-disabled rooms and for when you need to keep the volume down. If you are serious enough to pay for a wheel or any other gaming equipment, a couple bucks for a keyboard should be nothing. Makes things so much more convenient, and makes conversation with everyone actually possible.

Also, I'm sure a great many people without mics just mute anyone who does as a matter of course, since it is INCREDIBLY ANNOYING having people's voices coming through the regular speakers when you have the sounds at anything above barely audible -- particularly when those voices are squeaky or angry or endlessly blathering on and on and on about things which having nothing directly to do with the on-track action or room rules/management.

Personally I always have my headset active but muted, though not necessarily on my head depending on the situation.

The real question is: why did I just spend ten minutes typing this with a DS3?? o.O
 
Also, I'm sure a great many people without mics just mute anyone who does as a matter of course, since it is INCREDIBLY ANNOYING having people's voices coming through the regular speakers when you have the sounds at anything above barely audible -- particularly when those voices are squeaky or angry or endlessly blathering on and on and on about things which having nothing directly to do with the on-track action or room rules/management.

Lol
 
Howdy guys!

when i'm in online lobbies, and i want to say something, i have to write that in the chat section, which isn't a problem.
the problem us, that it takes forever to write something, to hit ecery single letter with the cursor.

so i've heard, that a keyboard with a usb connection is compatible with the PS3, but i want to ask you guys, before i want to buy one,
is a keyboard compatible with the GT5 chat section? and when, which one?


(If it gets too expensive, i'm gonna buy a headset)

Yes, it works because I use to have a USB type keyboard until the wire snapped. So I just bought a mic adaptor and found my dad's surround system mic.
 
Back