Yesterday, I let my emotion got the better of me ......

Aznhustl3
Hi

I believe myself to be a mostly clean, DR:B SR:S driver, there are times that people gets their elbows out, and contacts are made. I am ok with that since is part of motorsport

but someone just like it takes it one step further. and will do ANYTHING necessary to not let you pass.

There is this one guy I met a few times in sports mode races, with the same rating as me. He would ram people on the straight and tries to get them off the road, he did this to me as well, but I stood my ground and passed him, so whatever.

But yesterday, in the Interlagos Audi TT GR4 race, there he was again, doing his usual stuff. But, when I was catching up to him on the inside on the second straight, he took it one step further to let off the gas, let me caught up to him, and ram me on the side. WTF ? We both broke into the next corner (a left hander) pretty late, and ran a little bit off to the run-off area (He was on the outside at this point). Being his usual self, he decided to turn sharp left, ram into me, and drove me off track.

I was fuming and decide to throw away the race and purposely ram him off the road @ the next right hairpin.

Of course I got a big penalty and a red S. I felt stupid afterward. Just thought @ the moment that I had to show him that I am not here for you to push around. But 2 wrongs don't make a right.

I would like to say sorry to lmh691994.

Thanks for reading my story

I hear ya. IMO intentionally hazardous drivers should not even be close to an S in SR. I've seen it plenty of times myself. The problem is, it's difficult for an algorithm to interpret malicious intent. If penalties were more harsh for this kind of behaviour, the occasional accidental bump would also be punished just as severely. Still, not sure how these dirty drivers maintain the top rating for sportsmanship.

hey i was on suzuka driving mustang in daily race this guy push me off the track in 3rd lap of the race. had my brake on and he shoves me off because he thinks its too early for me to pass him but on 5th lap i pass him on the bridge and coming in last two turns

I really like Interlagos but I don't understand how so many people (SR S rating) do not understand where to overtake? Most of the times I got punted off track by people who are trying to overtake not on the straights but on the corners by divebombing or just doing the Need For Speed style getting the corner from the inside by using my car to "steer" better...so frustrating.

I got bumped twice out of track on the first turn after the start (I was even braking bit later) by the same guy 2 consecutive laps

Hi

I believe myself to be a mostly clean, DR:B SR:S driver, there are times that people gets their elbows out, and contacts are made. I am ok with that since is part of motorsport

but someone just like it takes it one step further. and will do ANYTHING necessary to not let you pass.

There is this one guy I met a few times in sports mode races, with the same rating as me. He would ram people on the straight and tries to get them off the road, he did this to me as well, but I stood my ground and passed him, so whatever.

But yesterday, in the Interlagos Audi TT GR4 race, there he was again, doing his usual stuff. But, when I was catching up to him on the inside on the second straight, he took it one step further to let off the gas, let me caught up to him, and ram me on the side. WTF ? We both broke into the next corner (a left hander) pretty late, and ran a little bit off to the run-off area (He was on the outside at this point). Being his usual self, he decided to turn sharp left, ram into me, and drove me off track.

I was fuming and decide to throw away the race and purposely ram him off the road @ the next right hairpin.

Of course I got a big penalty and a red S. I felt stupid afterward. Just thought @ the moment that I had to show him that I am not here for you to push around. But 2 wrongs don't make a right.

I would like to say sorry to lmh691994.

Thanks for reading my story
Cool. This is called integrity, kids. Just FYI :)

I just find that a lot of people are fast on an empty track but have no idea how to race. Poor blocking, overtake attempts at ridiculous parts of the circuit, trying to go side by side into corners where it's just not possible. Some people need to learn that sometimes it's not worth fighting over a place when all you're doing is slowing yourself and the other guy down. Let him past and then retake the place at a sensible spot, or just laugh as he takes himself off two corners later.

Some circuits are far worse than others, I find that wider circuits provide the worst racing. People see more space and think that it's room for them. Also wider circuits have more line variations and thus can lead to more accidental bumps as some people just genuinely take different lines than others. Lago Maggiore and Alsace Village being the worst offenders for that, also Interlagos at certain points.

To be fair though if you can see someone making a move on radar and the track is wide, I just give them room, 2 won't fit into the racing line, so I adjust mine, 9 times out of 10 the guy overtaking stays inside to give me room too, and it plays out from there. Give and take, mutual respect, hard but fair.

Also, if someone is blatantly ramming people off track, if you get a clear chance to ruin his race you'd be doing everyone a favour. Just "winning" is A: risky when the cheater doesn't care and can ram you off at any braking zone. And B: Everyone not "winning" is still having a race ruined by the guy.

I think the main problem here is that some players can't win by ability so they have to employ anti fair play tactics and it really is a 'win at all costs' attitude. These are mainly the younger players if you've noticed, whereas the older more experienced drivers who really do have the ability to win fairly, seem to be less stressed about coming second or third - or wherever, probably because they know good results will come in a lot of races.

The anti fair players probably don't have the luxury of having the confidence that if they race cleanly, they will also obtain good finishes.
What these players miss out on is the satisfaction of knowing you've just played a part in an outstanding race, with other drivers and kept the whole thing clean, which takes more skill than just winning at any cost. Even if you don't win, it can be just as pleasing to know you and others can operate at that level.

Sadly, I think GT games do attract the younger less experienced players more so than perhaps certain other racing sims do, so it's more likely you'll end up racing with them.

I hate when those people passing at ridiculous parts of the circuit try it because not only are you both having to slow down to mind each others proximity, but it allows the cars behind a chance to catch up, simultaneously losing ground, and now its just a big headache and everyone is trying to pass everyone which results in spin outs/bumps etc. which is fun and all, until the guy in front decides not to hit the chicane at dragon trail correctly lol. With the stupid pass attempts and running odd lines, we all end up running 3-4 seconds slower than qualifying pace, and with the field spread about that thin anyway, it matters.

"Yesterday, I did everyone a favor by punting a [dcik] off track."

There. I fixed it for you. If you ask me, by ruining the races of these people whose ambition far exceeds their talent, you hasten their exit from the GT servers. They'll just stick around if they can get good results by racing like douchebags. I say good riddance to them once they start finishing dead last from eating kitty litter a few times a lap.

That said, we'll never be completely rid of that type on this game, unfortunately. It's awesome that PD introduced the daily races and FIA into the game, but they'll never be 100% fair. We'll see some more of the abusers and losers leave once they get bored with the game, but there will be a spike at the next price cut for the game, and again after that.

I completely understand where you're coming from regarding not letting your anger get the best of you. But rolling over and showing your belly to that type feels just as crappy.

I would DIE for a director mode in this game. Where the host of a lobby can elect not to race but to supervise proceedings and review accidents. Of course there would be a hole hosts but you'd soon sort the wheat from the chaff. Punishments could he creative or sensible.
Force offender to pit end of lap for time penalty.
DQ offender for multiple punts..
Instant speed limiter for 10 seconds
Force tire blowout.
Tires on fire
Cylinder blown
Reverse steering.. 5 seconds of what it says!
Hand of God (car lifted off track by ghost hand and placed in a special offenders area.)
Grim reaper (ai death car introduced to track with task of hunting down and wrecking offender)
Golf cart.. Offender turned into 15mph cart for 30 seconds
Nut job.. Every minute a wheel nut falls off car until you pit or wheels come off..
Manna from heaven.. A clean lap no contact rewarded by 5 second nitro like boost
Living Saint.. 5 clean laps rewards player with halo above car for next lap and renders him or her untouchable by other cars for that lap.
Joined at the hip.. Multiple offending drivers get their cars stuck together for rest of race..
Hell hath no fury.. Soccer mom in suv appears, forces you off track and berates your manhood as other drivers listen and laugh hysterically.
Witches brew.. Flying witch on a broomstick appears and buzzes your car distracting you for a lap
Kiddies corner.. Crashed cars.. All involved forced drive round mini oval in fiat 500s until they complete ten clean laps or apologise and shake virtual hands.
Reversed gears..like reversed steering.. Possibly funnier
Learner driver.. Offenders forced drive lap with L plates on, a virtual instructor sat in passenger seat and 50mph max speed.

Ah I'm dreaming if course.. All this would be silly.. Just a whole lot of fun..

Lol, in all seriousness, you may be on to something: let the actual players be stewards. Not as the sole role, but what if there were a means to rate players post race?

For example, if a car receives an SR down during the race (due to contact), why not ask the victims of that penalty for a thumbs up or thumbs down for that incident once the race has concluded?

Case 1: A car makes a genuinely unintentional bad move, but they let you reovertake as a way to be fair. A thumbs up perhaps could negate their hit to SR.

Case 2: A car is intentionally punting people for positions. Thumbs down from all those involved would reduce additional SR, perhaps to one lower rank.

Any penalty algorithm will have flaws, I'm just suggesting there be a system for human checks and balances to fill in some of the ambiguity.

I would DIE for a director mode in this game. Where the host of a lobby can elect not to race but to supervise proceedings and review accidents. Of course there would be a hole hosts but you'd soon sort the wheat from the chaff. Punishments could he creative or sensible.
Force offender to pit end of lap for time penalty.
DQ offender for multiple punts..
Instant speed limiter for 10 seconds
Force tire blowout.
Tires on fire
Cylinder blown
Reverse steering.. 5 seconds of what it says!
Hand of God (car lifted off track by ghost hand and placed in a special offenders area.)
Grim reaper (ai death car introduced to track with task of hunting down and wrecking offender)
Golf cart.. Offender turned into 15mph cart for 30 seconds
Nut job.. Every minute a wheel nut falls off car until you pit or wheels come off..
Manna from heaven.. A clean lap no contact rewarded by 5 second nitro like boost
Living Saint.. 5 clean laps rewards player with halo above car for next lap and renders him or her untouchable by other cars for that lap.
Joined at the hip.. Multiple offending drivers get their cars stuck together for rest of race..
Hell hath no fury.. Soccer mom in suv appears, forces you off track and berates your manhood as other drivers listen and laugh hysterically.
Witches brew.. Flying witch on a broomstick appears and buzzes your car distracting you for a lap
Kiddies corner.. Crashed cars.. All involved forced drive round mini oval in fiat 500s until they complete ten clean laps or apologise and shake virtual hands.
Reversed gears..like reversed steering.. Possibly funnier
Learner driver.. Offenders forced drive lap with L plates on, a virtual instructor sat in passenger seat and 50mph max speed.

Ah I'm dreaming if course.. All this would be silly.. Just a whole lot of fun..

Some of those are silly but some could actually be really good in Sport mode I wouldn't mind if for example cars had a variable BoP, Higher SR = More power, Learn how to drive fair or you will be forced to never be competitive that kind of thing

I've also considered running with a novice sticker on my liveries so anyone behind can see and be more cautious around me believing that my braking might not be perfect and suchlike, Then again I'm usually between 3-5seconds off the top 10 times so I don't think I'm that much of a novice.

Last edited:
I have passed many people in the final corner of last lap. Don't know what they get by ruining their races at the last moment. Stupid tactics.

No need to ram and lose a bunch of time, the PIT maneuver is your friend for drivers like this.

Last edited:
Punting anyone is wrong and you should all try to avoid it at all costs, I know it's very tempting when someone is ruining the racing for everyone but two wrongs don't make a right and you could end up at their level as your excuse for doing it starts to spread to more and more instances as you begin to justify your actions as correct as they did it first.

I just wish bans, in extreme cases, were part of the punishment for the idiots as them not getting their just desserts is a major annoyance I have to admit.

I've run into people like that who think "Track Practice/Track Day" in lobbies means "Ram Fest"
but you didn't do anything wrong, its healthy to let off some pent up aggravation. don't let it get to you, you should feel at ease.

Lol, in all seriousness, you may be on to something: let the actual players be stewards. Not as the sole role, but what if there were a means to rate players post race?

For example, if a car receives an SR down during the race (due to contact), why not ask the victims of that penalty for a thumbs up or thumbs down for that incident once the race has concluded?

Case 1: A car makes a genuinely unintentional bad move, but they let you reovertake as a way to be fair. A thumbs up perhaps could negate their hit to SR.

Case 2: A car is intentionally punting people for positions. Thumbs down from all those involved would reduce additional SR, perhaps to one lower rank.

Any penalty algorithm will have flaws, I'm just suggesting there be a system for human checks and balances to fill in some of the ambiguity.

As much as I think the ability to do something like host a lobby in a sort of "Race Steward" mode, I can't see PD implementing it in a way that would affect SR or DR. As imperfect as the algorithm is, it's imperfect in the same way for everyone. There's no way to ensure that every human Race Steward would be consistent enough to let their ratings affect DR or SR - you just wouldn't be able to be sure that all stewards are using the same evaluations.

Still, in a mode that didn't touch SR/DR it would be incredibly helpful for things like friendly racing leagues.

I was in one of those ‘Clean of Kick’ lobbies a while back, battling it out for something like 3rd place at dragon trail, the race had been clean until a reckless driver in front of me decided to do exactly as you described (ramming in corners, slowing down on straights just to hit me off the road).

I was scared to pass because he would find a way to hit me every time. Eventually this driver shunted me off the road on the straight before the last corner and I crashed into the barrier. So I decided I warn the lobby of the drivers behaviour and because everyone else was clean I presumed they would take it seriously, but before I could finish typing I got kicked. So feeling quite heated I went back to check the lobby members and he hadn’t been kicked.

Even though my case was just in a lobby, things like this really leave you with a bitter taste in your mouth.

No need to apologize op. Some times you gotta play dirty. I was doing a DR C, Sr S FiA race at interlagos the other day, and my friend and I were racing in a group with several other cars. This McLaren was ramming everything. He hits me several times, I watched him dive bomb others, and my friend also got hit by him.

I started to catch him, and I was worried I couldn't pass clean. So I didn't try. I punted him off. People were so mad, that I had another user message me saying "good job, he deserved it!" Lol

I was rammed off the track intentionally from some Italian dude the other night in the first lap of 10 (which put me straight into last place after qualifying fifth).

It took me until lap 6 of 10 to catch up with him again. I could see him side battling with/side shunting someone ahead and when I finally got to overtaking him I couldn't resist a sneaky clip to his tail and watched him spin right off onto the grass. I'm not going to lie...I did feel pretty good about it as I hit the rear view seeing him fade away into the distance :D

Any penalty algorithm will have flaws, I'm just suggesting there be a system for human checks and balances to fill in some of the

Be carefull what u wish for... before u know it, the guys who people complain so much about here, are gonna mske the rules, and also decide about what is right or wrong

In my opinion, they need to remove either SR or DR and focus on one algorithm for calculating it, and get it right.... I drove a DR C SR S race last night and it was as dirty as I have ever seen, SR means nothing unless your DR is also similarly high as it’s easy as pie to earn SR back but DR is skill related.

Maybe they should have a RoE style scoring system each race that either adds to or deducts from DR rather than a separate entity.

Every lobby is different but there can be some super exciting racing to be had more often that not when you are pushing A or S SR.

Counter example from about 2 weeks ago:

Bathurst daily race, Gr.3, in a fairly intense 2 way battle with a japanese driver (well known for clean racing as a region) and our skill is so even that he can't outrun me yet I can't make a pass stick. Some laps we go side by side down conrod straight, others we are nose to tail all the way over skyline (this is scary driving blind as hoping he drives the proper line!) and then with only a few laps to go I decide I will commit to late braking after blasting through the chase...

I sit right up close all the way down the conrod, come flying into the chase and he holds a line slightly inside of the widest line still leaving just enough incentive to consider the inside line, he brakes and a split second later I brake hard and move immediately left and still under brakes we end up side by side into the corner, I have to keep braking because letting off too early will mean running him wide into the grass but braking too much will mean a slow exit...

He committted to the turn with me and even though we rubbed doors and wheels all the way to the corner under brakes and around it, he didn't get as much drive off the corner and into the right hander and I made the pass stick for second place. Not a single orange SR rating for either of us!

Since owning the game from release this has been the best ever bit of racing I have experienced and is exactly what I had hoped to get from the game.

Great drivers and great sportsmanship do exist, keep the faith!

I think they need to have at least 1 none assist race each day, that should shuffle the pack, I’d like to see those scirocco newbs get off the line on full revs :lol: or get out of slow turns for that matter 👍

Latest Posts

Back