Yet another TXR:3 Thread...

• Thread starter FAOLIU05
  • 1 comments
Okay, I've yet to see something like this.

The Topic: What Stragedy did you use to speed your way to the end?

Alright... I didn't start out with the RX-7, as everyone else did. I chose the more expensive, yet more powerful S14. I didn't know much about these cars, just their reputation for being Drifters, and having good handling. As I learned from the previous TXR Games, at the beginning, you want something with good handling, rather than a good Top Speed. The Rival Cars have a tendacy to brake, or slow down considerably before, or during turns, and I not being AI (lol) can take those turns smoothly without a dramatic decrease in speed. But, I was sort of taken by suprise as I started out in the C1 Inner Loop in Tokyo. The handling was stiff, and the back end was hard to move around. Even with the extra PS I had added before hand didn't make it any easier. But I copped with it, and just continued on, later rolling in some major cash as I took out team after team, unlocking all sorts of parts, making my car that much better. I did beat the first half of the game, but barley, as my S14 had only 320PS or less, and certainly such PS can't produce the Speed needed to continue. I was facing Z51's, R34's, and 300ZX's. Me having around 500,000cr, made the descision to just go ahead and buy a new car. I'm not much into getting new cars until the old one is completely upgraded. That and the S14 had around 500Miles on it. But, my car just couldn't compete with Vipers and Corvettes, so I purchased another car, for the Second half of the game.

The Impreza WRX STi Version VI (GCB) was the car of choice. It was a good buy, as it was AWD, Turbo, and Affordable, unlike the next far Superior car, the Detomaso Pantera GTS (111,500cr). But with just a little bit of money, left over, the WRX became a beast. I didn't know about hitting select to toggle the Turbo, so for most of the races, I used just Engine Power. I did get pretty far before suffering a loss from a Viper. I kept the races down in the C1 Loop mainly, until I was confident enough to expand my horizons. Doing this gave me the realization of Turbo Use as my fingers scrambled for some sort of boost to gain on an R32, and sure enough I saw a litte red light switch on, and before I knew what happened I traveled from 140MPH to 170MPH in a matter of less than 5-Seconds, passing the R32 up. But not used to the speed, I soon crashed knocking my SP down to hardly anything. I also noticed afterwards, my Car was really lacking something. I didn't have the kick it did at the beginning. My Oil and Water Temps were high - both above 100*. I did panic, as I noticed some smoke spewing out of my muffler. But nothing a quick break couldn't fix. Before the game even got challenging, I had gained about 500PS in my GCB, and a hefty 500Miles. I was moving along pretty fast. Infact, the rest of the game was nothing more than a blurr, as I passed through it with impecable timing. It took me only 2 days to beat the Game (Wanderers not included).

So, basically, at first, you want a car with good handling, rather than Top Speed, as most races will be in the C1 Loop in Tokyo, or in Sections like C1 in other Cities. And at the beginning, you won't have enough Skill and Power to compete with any cars on a straight away.

Certainly buy a WRX at some point. I highly recommend this car, as it now does 8.8-Seconds in the 400M tests, with only 725PS+, and hitting speeds above 225MPH. I didn't even use Turbo as I finished off the last City.

Don't ever sell your cars. Mileage can make anything into a beast, as getting above 1,250 Miles will unlock the Engine Transfer Options, which could've come sooner for me, if I hadn't of sold my S14, and started on a new car.

And my last tip is, TXR:3 is a pretty forgiving game. Even if the Bosses are way ahead of you, you still have a pretty damn good chance of winning, as most of the AI Cars slow down, or crash, or something they do slows them down dramatically.

Post Script: Jintie (Final Boss in Tokyo) is by far the fastest Boss I've come across. Even with my fully tuned GCB, I couldn't accelerate fast enough to even pose somewhat of a threat. Wait till Jintie gets to the exit he usually takes. There are a couple of big turns that could help during your battle.

Back