Yet another update problem thread sorry

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi folks, first time poster... Have searched for an answer to my issue before posting, honest!

I acquired retail boxed GT6 a month ago (early Xmas gift) and eventually managed to get it up to date - then 1.14. Owing to illness I put the game down for a couple of weeks, and not wishing to be caught out when I came back, hit the green triangle in the Xmb to update to 1.15 before loading the game.

This seemed to download, unpack and install ok, so I loaded the game and got the message in game that an update was available, so I ok'd the game to download it - this failed. I got a message in game when trying to click on online content to say I needed to connect to the server and update before I could go further. I played offline for a while, then exited the game.

Crucially, the green triangle in the Xmb now tells me the game is up to date, but in game it says it isn't, and repeated attempts to update in game are failing.

Any ideas?

Any ideas?
Go under the Game tab in the XMB menu, scroll down to "Game Data Utility", find GT6, hit triangle, click "Information", and see what version it says. If it's 1.15 and the game says it's still not up-to-date, you'll need to wipe the game and re-install the updates.

To wipe the game (NOT YOUR PROGRESS) do the following: Go under the Game tab in the XMB menu, scroll down to "Game Data Utility", find GT6, hit triangle, click "Delete". Don't worry, it will only delete the game, not your save data files. Continue with re-installing all the updates.

Thanks for this information. I can confirm that the process you describe returns that the game is indeed Version 1.15. So I guess I have to start over with the whole update business again. It took me 3 days last time!!

Cheers for pointing me in the right direction though!

Thanks for the welcome! Just to say I followed your instructions, and STILL the Xmb said v1.15 was installed, but on running the game (and waiting 3 hours for the updates to install to the game), GT6 said it was looking for an update. In desperation, I deleted my game saves, and started over again, removing all the updates and downloading them all again, starting the game, letting the updates install to the game, getting the in game message that it had found another update, I managed to get GT6 to download and install whatever this update was, and I am good to go. Of course I've lost my progress, and until I pass the B and A licences again I can't compete online, but I hadn't got that far anyway so I just hope the next time an update comes along, I don't have this bother again - because it's taken me 48 hours and a whole lot of hassle.

Back