Yikes! Resale value

• Thread starter brooster
  • 8 comments
I'm at about level 20 and I go to the auction house with 503,500 credits. I started bidding at 20,000 on a Nissan Calsonic (1,500,000 new) with the bids going up a few times. I was clicking away as it went up a little bit at a time. The next thing I see I did what I think was called a buy out for 500,000 credits leaving me with 3,500 credits. I pushed the same button as I did before but the option changed.
I will learn from that goof up! But when I found out that the sell price was only 100 credits that was a bit much, or better said way way too little.
The option to switch from bid to what I think is called buy out should be on a DIFFERENT Button!

It is a different button. Buyout button is below bid. Money is so easy to come by in this game, making any back will be easy.

It sounds like the last bid would've taken the price past the buyout so the bid button went away. If someone bids at 479,000 on a 500,000 buyout, the next person still has the right to outbid with a buyout.

As I recall, it must have went from 38,000 to 500,000 in a second and it Was the same button.

I will pay better attention next time!

Prices can skyrocket with one bid. I was looking at a 250 TR cause it was around 5 mil. I bid, I got outside, and I didn't look before I bid again but it was at 8.2 mil. That all happened in about 2 mins.

Do some rivals and you'll not have to worry about money anymore, even after buying all the March DLC cars I'm still sitting at 8 million :lol:

As I recall, it must have went from 38,000 to 500,000 in a second and it Was the same button.

I will pay better attention next time!

And you're sure it wasn't you who did make the last bid? If you BID, the BID button disappears, and the BUYOUT button pops into its place (if applicable). If you're the highest bidder, there's no option for you to BID, but only to BUYOUT. So maybe you've outbid yourself with a BUYOUT?

And yes, happened to me as well before, and I spent a nice $1M on a 330 P4. It'll teach ya! :lol:

Edit: Completely forgot to address the subject...

But when I found out that the sell price was only 100 credits that was a bit much, or better said way way too little.

In case you haven't learned that yet, it's the resale value for all prize cars without additional parts, i.e. cars one got from leveling up, as opposed to purchasing them in the dealership.

And you're sure it wasn't you who did make the last bid? If you BID, the BID button disappears, and the BUYOUT button pops into its place (if applicable). If you're the highest bidder, there's no option for you to BID, but only to BUYOUT. So maybe you've outbid yourself with a BUYOUT?

And yes, happened to me as well before, and I spent a nice $1M on a 330 P4. It'll teach ya! :lol:

Edit: Completely forgot to address the subject...

In case you haven't learned that yet, it's the resale value for all prize cars without additional parts, i.e. cars one got from leveling up, as opposed to purchasing them in the dealership.

Good info! Thanks.

Back