YLOD really hurts

Australia
AUSTRALIA
ENERGIYA--V2
HI guys, just letting everyone know especially my gtplanet friends know that my PS3 got YLOD, it's annoying that it happens now 56 days before GT5 arrives. I'll try to get fixed as soon as possible so dont worry if i'm not online

I'll be back online soon

A funeral service will be held tomorrow with full honours. lol
R.I.P little buddy

Thanks
Jason ( GTP_ENERGIYA )

Well it seems You've got to get Your hands in a SLIM,eh Jason.:)

To bad for the fatty anyway,I got that in my old one too.:indiff:

I'm not entirely sure what can be done there. My PS3 died about a year ago. After researching it, I tried a fix described online, and it actually worked. But only temporarily. I ended up buying a Slim a few weeks ago.

I always see this about PS3's i think its quite shocking to be honest, i have an original PS2 that still works fine, it must be near enough 10 years old, and here i keep hearing of PS3's dying after 2years or so. Even more of a kick in the teeth is the fact that it has an "Unlucky, im dead" indicator light. Load of old bollox if you ask me.

I always see this about PS3's i think its quite shocking to be honest, i have an original PS2 that still works fine, it must be near enough 10 years old, and here i keep hearing of PS3's dying after 2years or so. Even more of a kick in the teeth is the fact that it has an "Unlucky, im dead" indicator light. Load of old bollox if you ask me.

Every manufactured product will have a failure rate and the vast majority of them will also have some kind of 'fault' indicator, so that hardly makes the PS3 a unusual.

The PS3 does not have an unusually high fall out rate for an electrical product, the same can not be said for original PS2's, which had known issues with the laser and its ability to read disc's.

Regards

Scaff

My fatty still works. Hope it still does a bit. But after all the failures i read about i now ordered a new slim 320gb so i can save my fatty for the features of it. (with gt5 it will be on a lot and getting hot, so better get a slim ;))

In fact you will have 3 repair procedures:
Hot air repair , reflow, and BGA-reballing
Translate this with google:
http://www.computerbild.de/artikel/...tion-3-YLOD-BGA-Reballing-defekt-5395136.html

Reballing is the only way to go to keep it alive but it is half the price of a slim

Reflow is good for getting your old data out, but they will die again after a certain time

Here is a slideshow about the reballing
http://www.computerbild.de/fotos/Playstation-3-YLOD-Reparatur-Bilder-5435885.html

I have a few questions about having 2 ps3, i post it in the general ps3 thread....

I agree, I feel totally cheated by the fat PS3's quality especially considering the price. At first it was praised for its realibility especially when 360's where dropping like flies but all this praise came prematurely and a few years in there were many YLOD and Blu Ray drive failure stories.

Both by PS2's bought in 1999! have worked flawlessly since day one. Never had a DRE or any freezing whatsoever and I didnt even really take care of them. With the PS3 I keep it well ventilated and clean and the Blu Ray drive died after 6 months real useage (a fews months after the warranty ended) and only 4 games owned! Absolutely disgraceful and even a rep at Sony said all the fat PS3's have poorly designed laser assemblies which dont last long hence slim PS3.

Next time there is a new Playstation I will probably wait till half way through its life before even considering it, thats if there even is one after Sony said they may exit the console game.

Robin.

My bad, I bought at Japanese launch and forgot that it was actually a few months into 2000 by then. This was 10 years ago so my memory is hazy! :sly: Those early Japan made units where way higher quality of the PS3's at launch.

Robin.

HI guys, just letting everyone know especially my gtplanet friends know that my PS3 got YLOD, it's annoying that it happens now 56 days before GT5 arrives. I'll try to get fixed as soon as possible so dont worry if i'm not online

I'll be back online soon

A funeral service will be held tomorrow with full honours. lol
R.I.P little buddy

Thanks
Jason ( GTP_ENERGIYA )

Sorry here about your bad news Jason! I'm sure you will have a PS3 by the time GT5 arrives! (fingers and toes crossed)👍

I agree, I feel totally cheated by the fat PS3's quality especially considering the price. At first it was praised for its realibility especially when 360's where dropping like flies but all this praise came prematurely and a few years in there were many YLOD and Blu Ray drive failure stories.

Both by PS2's bought in 1999! have worked flawlessly since day one. Never had a DRE or any freezing whatsoever and I didnt even really take care of them. With the PS3 I keep it well ventilated and clean and the Blu Ray drive died after 6 months real useage (a fews months after the warranty ended) and only 4 games owned! Absolutely disgraceful and even a rep at Sony said all the fat PS3's have poorly designed laser assemblies which dont last long hence slim PS3.

Next time there is a new Playstation I will probably wait till half way through its life before even considering it, thats if there even is one after Sony said they may exit the console game.

Robin.

And there are people, like myself, that can say their PS3s have been very reliable. The PS3 failure rate, it very very very small. You just happened to be one of the very few.

The news is not good, it looks like i am going to miss out playing GT5. Trying to get the money to fix my PS3 will take time since my funds are limited. "DAMN IT"

So injoy GT5 guys cause i may not get the chance to play it on November 4

Back