YLOD, transferring GT5 game save to new slim. HOW??

• Thread starter joshmuggo
  • 9 comments
Australia
Sydney
joshmuggo
joshmuggo
Hey guys,

says it in the title really. my old 40GB PS3 died with YLOD. was able to get it going with the hairdryer trick and copy all my game saves to USB (the ones not copy protected)

I tried the data transfer utility, but i think the hairdryer may have melted something in the ethernet port because it wont detect an ethernet cable.

I have my game save on USB, and when i try to copy it to the new slim, as soon as i start the game it says your game save is for another user, will have to start a new one.

is there a way around this???

Yep, you have to create the original user name. When you go to create new user, you click on existing user and enter all the details of your profile from the other ps3 user. I.e. your online tag, email and password, but don't now if you can do it while the PSN is down may need to ask a Sony rep.

Hey guys,

says it in the title really. my old 40GB PS3 died with YLOD. was able to get it going with the hairdryer trick and copy all my game saves to USB (the ones not copy protected)

I tried the data transfer utility, but i think the hairdryer may have melted something in the ethernet port because it wont detect an ethernet cable.

I have my game save on USB, and when i try to copy it to the new slim, as soon as i start the game it says your game save is for another user, will have to start a new one.

is there a way around this???

Welcome to my world.

Unltill PSN goes up, you cant authenticate your savegame, im stuck with this, i cant even resume my GT5 game!!!!!

I'm in the same position... but I dont mind... Just going to wait it out :) Plenty of other things to do in the world :P Don't get me wrong though.. it's quite annoying...

Also have same problem. My PS3 fat died a few days ago (but copied saved game data to flash memory stick). Waiting for PSN to come back so I can use save game info.

Just got the ylod last night bad times :( and if i cant get this saved game to work then high chance the game will never be played agein after just doing 24 hour a spec race. And might even just give up on playstation and like alot of you I was a die hard fan.

I'm in the same position also. Can I copy the contents of my old hdd, and put them on the new one? (Copying literally the whole hdd)

Are you able to just move the whole hard drive? Or are the Slim and Fat ones different?

Latest Posts

Back