YLOD What is possible.

• Thread starter SlayerGT
  • 4 comments
SlayerGT
Hello fellers I need your help. Two nights ago my 60gig ate it. Since then I have discovered that you can not seemly swap your HDD into a new PS3 and all be well. You must use the Backup Utility. And even then I'm not sure exactly what I'll be backing up. My question to you guys is this, if I can get my PS3 running long enough to eithernet cable it to a new PS3 or back it up to a usb HDD, will my GT5 saves even copy? Also, will replays even copy seeing as they give you the option to "export to save data" (which I'm still not clear on why there is that option). Thank you for any info.

My understanding at this point is, my only option to have the YLOD fixed and if and how ever long it continues to breath enjoy the save I've started. I really don't want to start over.

if you are running 1.05 GT5 you can back up your save to USB from the gamesave menu and copy it to usb then copy it back to your new ps3 and you MUST USE the same psn account with that game save or else it wont work.

Hello fellers I need your help. Two nights ago my 60gig ate it. Since then I have discovered that you can not seemly swap your HDD into a new PS3 and all be well. You must use the Backup Utility. And even then I'm not sure exactly what I'll be backing up. My question to you guys is this, if I can get my PS3 running long enough to eithernet cable it to a new PS3 or back it up to a usb HDD, will my GT5 saves even copy? Also, will replays even copy seeing as they give you the option to "export to save data" (which I'm still not clear on why there is that option). Thank you for any info.

My understanding at this point is, my only option to have the YLOD fixed and if and how ever long it continues to breath enjoy the save I've started. I really don't want to start over.

My PS3(80Gig) has YLOD numerous times in the past year. It all started sometime in the summer of 2010.

I purchased a heat gun (750degrees and 1000degrees) for approximately $30USD and every time I get YLOD.. I take the darn thing apart and sit it on the stove top. Plug in the heat gun and heat her up. 30minutes later I can turn on my PS3 just like it was brand new. Since you've gotten the YLOD... you're going to get it again... just like I have. But I haven't had one in a week now... KNOCK ON WOOD!

Note: my ps3 has been on today for a 300k Grand Valley and the FGT Champ in B-Spec.

Follow these videos.. after doing it three times.. I've memorized it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_Ic1_TY-GU (part 1)

If you YLOD'd it's too late to try and save. Send it in to a third party, not Sony, for repair. Most keep your data on the hard drive. Sony just sends you an already repaired PS3 with a blank hard drive.

If you do get it fixed yes it is possible to transfer your data to a new PS3 by connecting them both via the ethernet cable and data transfer from one to the other .. Yes it will transfer your GT5 save and everything else you have on the HDD of the 60gb onto the new one.

Back