You and me, AMG @ UAE

MagpieRacer

Premium
England
Wymondham, Norfolk
MagpieRacer
Straight up time trial battle as the class B AMG monsters battle it out for supremacy in Abu Dhabi.

Rules:
Times must be set in rivals mode.
Only the prescribed cars can be used.
Tuning is not allowed and any upgrades will be specified in the car list.
No discussion of lap times in the thread, only sector times and general discussion.
In the name of fun, have a gamble and choose only 1 of the cars to use, pick one before driving them and state it in this thread so we can at least try for a reasonable balance between the 2.
Lap times must be clean laps as per Forza ruling.
Your first submitted time is the time that will be used, so no multiple submissions.
Times to be sent to me via PM.

Assists:
TCS and STM off, everything else is driver preference.

Track:
Yas Marina Full GP

Cars:
Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Black Series
Engine: 6.2l V8
Power/Torque: 510bhp - 457lb-ft
Transmission: 7 speed
Drive Type: FR
Weight: 3860lbs
PI: 581 (579 with wing)
Upgrades Permitted: None, except - Mercedes Street Aero upgrades

Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG
Engine: 5.5l V8 twin turbo
Power/Torque: 577bhp - 590lb-ft
Drive Type: 4WD
Weight: 4277lbs
PI: 597
Upgrades Permitted: None

2 door, rear drive 6.2l coupe versus 4 door, 4WD 5.5l saloon, both have very different characteristics on this track and provide surprisingly close times due to each cars strengths and weaknesses.

PM your final lap times to me, closing date will be 14/11/2014 at 1200am GMT. Please include car used.

Bonus Point Opportunity!

Bonus points awarded for those who complete this extra challenge and for the winner of this extra challenge.

The SLK55 AMG has the same 5.5l V8 as the E63, minus the twin turbos, and less power than both the above, but it is nimble and light on its toes. How close can you get it to the times of its bigger brothers?

Track:
Yas Marina Full GP

Car:
Mercedes-Benz SLK55 AMG
Engine: 5.5l V8 Naturally Aspirated
Power/Torque: 415bhp - 398lb-ft
Drive Type: FR
Weight: 3527lbs
PI: 507
Upgrades Permitted: None

Please specify SLK55 when submitting a time for the bonus challenge.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
On it like a car bonnet, will probably use the C63 but I will take a spin in both and see which I prefer

I'm interested in this, but no tuning? I hate driving un-tuned cars :(

EDIT: actually if they arent modified, I dont really mind that. I will see if I can give this a shot this week.

I'm interested in this, but no tuning? I hate driving un-tuned cars :(

EDIT: actually if they arent modified, I dont really mind that. I will see if I can give this a shot this week.

It makes it simpler for those who dont have the time to nail a tune or who, like me, arent actually very good at it. If this seems like a popular thing then I may do some events with tuning allowed.

It makes it simpler for those who dont have the time to nail a tune or who, like me, arent actually very good at it. If this seems like a popular thing then I may do some events with tuning allowed.
Its no problem to me if the cars are kept stock. It starts becoming a problem when they are modified, as throwing on parts seem to give you the worst possible tuning set up if you just leave it.

Either way, I am interested and will give it a shot soon, in both the SLK and the E Class.

@MildAshers I have a question. If I set a lap time to fast in one of the cars, how would I submit a time for the other? It will only register my fastest lap, so how would you want me to let you know? I mean I can probably just take a pic of the lap or something?

I've been and still am working flat out, any chance the closing date can be moved a few days? Great idea by the way!

Back