You Can Drive (Partially) Halo-Free in F1 2018F1 2018 

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 12 comments
  • 4,176 views
That's...actually quite a good solution.

It also means you can read the upper UI a bit better. Provided you're not driving, say, the Williams, I would imagine...
 
That’s more realistic than to have it intact. F1 drivers tend to not have a single eye in the middle of the face, so having it intact obstructs more of the view than what is realistic.
 
They should really include an option to have the halo support structure visible, but transparent, much like the effect you get if you hold a finger up in front of your face while focusing on a distant object. That would be the most realistic option short of VR.
 
That's a great solution and it's basically what the drivers see while racing
 
Great feature very happy as like to use the cockpit camera In racing games, well unless it’s NFS I CAN’T lol :/
 
Last edited:
Would be nice if Codemasters bothered to include VR, especially for those of us on PS4 with a very limited selection or VR racing games. Would be interesting to see what it's like driving in VR with the halo
 
I like this. It still maintains the quasi-closed cockpit the full halo provides without getting in the way of those who don't like the halo.
 
Solution to the Halo is a Helmet Cam.
 
Sad that F1 ended up with this thing on the cockpit. Aesthetically I'd have prefered an enclosed option over this.

Modern motorsport is getting so ugly, boring and tech-laden that soon my only interest will be driving older vehicles in sims. The only thing I pay to watch at the moment is MotoGP.
 
Not good enough. The antennas are already there so the bit they cut out didn't matter anyways.
 
Back