You guys been in the photos/scapes thread recently?

• Thread starter shenfrey
  • 1 comments
I mean, holy ****! I don't know how this game looks on the PS4 as this is coming from the PS5, and I know this game has been out a while now, but one thing I don't see much of, are those gushing by just how good this game looks. I guess that's a huge compliment in itself because it's what we expect when it comes to Gran Turismo. I am not sure if when you guys are racing or time trialling, testing tunes or doing whatever, are sometimes taken back in a kind of awestruck as to how good the game looks at times? Some of the things you see in the photos thread I swear you could easily argue you with the person who posted it that it's a real photo. I am sure you could equally complain about certain parts of the game that you don't find good looking, that's just in our nature, but it's certainly easier to find more good than bad in my opinion.

Myself, often I will watch replays, and just take in the beauty with the RT reflections and the frankly hyper realistic car models. Not sure what has made me appreciate it more at the moment, I think it was because I played FM7 for a little bit today on the Xbox and couldn't help but miss GT7 whilst I was playing it, I was never really taken back by its graphics (or sound for that matter, but that's another topic, and granted it's a 5-year-old game now).

Just genuinely impressed by what PD have been able to achieve with the PS4/PS5 hardware and I just wanted to show my appreciation of that, however random and blog postie it may seem.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean, holy ****! I don't know how this game looks on the PS4 as this is coming from the PS5, and I know this game has been out a while now, but one thing I don't see much of, are those gushing by just how good this game looks. I guess that's a huge compliment in itself because it's what we expect when it comes to Gran Turismo. I am not sure if when you guys are racing or time trialling, testing tunes or doing whatever, are sometimes taken back in a kind of awestruck as to how good the game looks at times? Some of the things you see in the photos thread I swear you could easily argue you with the person who posted it that it's a real photo. I am sure you could equally complain about certain parts of the game that you don't find good looking, that's just in our nature, but it's certainly easier to find more good than bad in my opinion.

Myself, often I will watch replays, and just take in the beauty with the RT reflections and the frankly hyper realistic car models. Not sure what has made me appreciate it more at the moment, I think it was because I played FM7 for a little bit today on the Xbox and couldn't help but miss GT7 whilst I was playing it, I was never really taken back by its graphics (or sound for that matter, but that's another topic, and granted it's a 5-year-old game now).

Just genuinely impressed by what PD have been able to achieve with the PS4/PS5 hardware and I just wanted to show my appreciation of that, however random and blog postie it may seem.
It is crazy what Sony’s first party (and some third party) devs have achieved on the PS4. A console with a decent GPU at the time and a mobile CPU, which even in its day was underpowered, and yet you have games like TLOU 2, GT7, Uncharted 4/TLL, RDR2, Horizon, Days Gone, God of War and more.

There’s something to be said for developing for one system. You may not have as much power as PC, but you don’t have to optimise for different builds, you can extract the maximum from a single system.

That’s not to say multi-plat and PC games can’t and don’t look incredible, they do, but first party titles punch above their weight given the hardware they’re running on. So do some third party multi-plat console games, too, but I’d argue the first party titles look even better. It’s close, RDR2 is gorgeous, it, like The Last of Us Part II, shouldn’t be possible on PS4 at a steady 30 FPS, it’s damn near witchcraft.

Mid-to-end of generation first party games are going to be mind breakingly good looking. Naughty Dog is going to cast Visualis Maximus and it’s going to seem impossible, I bet. GT8 will probably be in that category, if it releases for PS5.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back