You happy?

• Thread starter craste
  • 12 comments

craste

(Banned)
Its so exciting when you wait for a new game to come out - you check the previews and look at videos etc on gametrailers and then you eventually get the game.:dopey:

So my question is for those people lucky enough to get your hands on a copy of GT5Prologue - did it meet your expectations and if you are using a steering wheel (the correct way I feel) is it a big leap over GT4 in terms of handling, feel etc.

Also my second question is - Can you drive the cars on the throttle - like if you are going around a corner/bend in a front wheel drive car and it starts to understeer and move off course - can you lift off the throttle and without moving your steering wheel does the nose of the car tighten its line as it would do in a real car?

I know you can drive rear wheel cars on the throttle hence all the drifting vids.

And my last question/request - Can somebody please post a pic up of the inside of the Ford Focus ST as I'd love to see the additional dials it has on the dashboard for the turbo, water & batery etc and see if they look as good as they do in the real car?

i agree with this post, i am very excited waitin for GT5P, in fact i am buying a new HDTV at the same time i buy this to go hand in hand with it, not to mention how much it will improve my F1 experience and whatever else. I think the things i am lookin forward to most are the cockpit view finally and just the fact that it is sort of a start of a new era for a game that i have been playing since number 1!

i agree with this post, i am very excited waitin for GT5P, in fact i am buying a new HDTV at the same time i buy this to go hand in hand with it, not to mention how much it will improve my F1 experience and whatever else. I think the things i am lookin forward to most are the cockpit view finally and just the fact that it is sort of a start of a new era for a game that i have been playing since number 1!

What size is the HDTV?

Prologues cars responce like real cars,all the skill you have learned in real life goes in here!Feeling is much better than in gt4.If looking for the best by G25,its great with that wheel.If you like ff cars,I do,yes you can turn them by lifting the throttle.:)
im HAPPY

What size is the HDTV?

Well it is only gonna be a 22" but it is only for my bedroom where my console is so... still way better than anything i have had before and i cant wait! What have you got? Will the change be worth the 200+£ i am spending?

Well it is only gonna be a 22" but it is only for my bedroom where my console is so... still way better than anything i have had before and i cant wait! What have you got? Will the change be worth the 200+£ i am spending?

Sadly, I have an ORION 25' SDTV (standard def). I've noticed then when i'm taking my Viper out for a spin, I only see about 2 1/2 of the 4 gauges to the right in the interior. It's also very dark and I can barely see them half of the time (mainly at Daytona). I've watched videos on youtube when people are driving the Viper with all 4 gauges and much more shown as well as it being much more bright.

As a matter of fact, here is one of those videos......EDIT: Of someone else driving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANkw5QN445M

Sadly, I have an ORION 25' SDTV (standard def). I've noticed then when i'm taking my Viper out for a spin, I only see about 2 1/2 of the 4 gauges to the right in the interior. It's also very dark and I can barely see them half of the time (mainly at Daytona). I've watched videos on youtube when people are driving the Viper with all 4 gauges and much more shown as well as it being much more bright.

As a matter of fact, here is one of those videos......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANkw5QN445M

wow that video is so impressive i hope it looks like that or anything close to it when i do get the TV. I love the way the drivers head view shifts forward on braking too, it looks so real to me. Plus that Viper looks like it handles much more realistically now than it does in GT4! What are your impressions of it? Thanks for the video though, great find.

As far as my impressions go, it's a very fun car to drive. Quite a beast when driving it with the simulation physics. It wants to understeer when going into a corner and oversteer like crazy if your too agressive with the throttle exiting a corner. I was in the last lap in an arcade race at Fuji with it, 2nd place trying run down a Corvette Z06 and I eased it into the final turn, stepped in the gas very hard and as I exited the corner, it spins out on me and I end up finishing 5th.

oh man that is always the way, theres so much power going to those rear wheels and it always come when you dont want it! Still, it will mak you appreciate the time that you do get it more when it comes! It looked fun in that video so i am pretty jealous of you right now!

oh man that is always the way, theres so much power going to those rear wheels and it always come when you dont want it! Still, it will mak you appreciate the time that you do get it more when it comes! It looked fun in that video so i am pretty jealous of you right now!

Oh no that wasn't me driving in that video. That was some random person that was driving. Check out post #6 and i'm just showing an example of the interiors.

I really like the Viper, it is quite soft and predictable when just pushing it around corners, quite a lot of body movement and diving on the brakes, if you are harsh on the throttle that 8.0L V10 torque will eat you alive, with good throttle control this is a really fun and fast car.

im very excited about the game coming out next month for us in the states. I plan on getting the g25 this weekend so I can start praticing

Back