You have been disconnected due to an unknown network error

• Thread starter Aggserp4
  • 6 comments
Greece
Greece
Aggserp4
Hello.
So there's a problem that's been annoying me for about two weeks: Getting CONSTANTLY disconnected in GTA Online. To begin with, it takes about 5 tries to connect without getting timed out. Before I load GTA online I always go near my character's house in SP so that the area is pre-loaded, but I still keep getting timed out. If I don't do that, I pretty much can't connect at all.
But when I finally do it, the trouble is not over; I still get disconnected, getting the error message :"You have been disconnected due to an unknown network error. Please return to GTA V and try again later" When I hit X to return to SP, 9 times out of 10 there is no sound except for the radio music and the ambient sounds. At that point I have to restart the game, because if I try to connect to GTA Online I will get timed out. This disconnection error seems to mostly happen when I return to freemode after a mission, and I know it's not a problem on my end, as it seems to happen to others too. I was once in a a server, driving a heli, when suddenly EVERYONE but me got disconnected. Looks like it's not just GT6 having issues, after all...

Last edited:
I have only gotten this issue a couple of times. It is not very common for me at least, and when it does happen, I only have to wait a few minutes before it puts me back into Online.

when suddenly EVERYONE but me got disconnected. Looks like it's not just GT5 having issues, after all...

Unfortunately I must say that I may have been you only that disconnected , not them . It happened to me in a mission once , I asked some friends if they disconnected , and they said no it was just me that left and that they will invite me to the next one . It was double cash on missions so they were taking ages to grind out all the cash . It is annoying . I know.

Unfortunately I must say that I may have been you only that disconnected , not them . It happened to me in a mission once , I asked some friends if they disconnected , and they said no it was just me that left and that they will invite me to the next one . It was double cash on missions so they were taking ages to grind out all the cash . It is annoying . I know.
Interesting... however, that time I was on freemode and people started joining again after a while, and they were other players, which leads me to believe it was a server error and I didn't actually get disconnected.

I'm pretty sure i know what causes this, port forwarding, i had those problems as well, but since i enabled UPnP on my DSL-modemrouter i never got this error again ....

Back