You have reached the currently allowed driver level?

• Thread starter cypher2004
  • 12 comments
cypher2004
I reached level 20 a while ago, but why does it say "currently" allowed driver level? Are there any plans to increase the level cap in the future? If not then I don't see the reason for it saying "currently". It should be something like "You have reached the maximum driver level. No further XP will be counted".

If the plan is to have more than 20 levels at a later stage, I wonder if the XP I earned after will get counted towards the following levels? I've probably earned 20 more levels since then and it would be plain stupid if they suddenly added new events where you can enter with level higher than 20 but have to earn the XP again.

I hope they do add more levels. And I hope that the XP I gain from now on since im level 20 will NOT be counted since it will be something to gain instead of just instantly gaining levels from this hidden XP we've been earning.

But meh, maybe there will be no more levels. I don't see why there is only 20 when there where 50 in Shift 1 even though the levels didn't really mean much of anything to me back on Shift 1.

I imagine they're waiting a reasonable amount of time for people to finish the career mode in the game, which is quite long. After that time, they will probably release DLC (which has already been at least partially revealed) which will in all likelihood increase the level cap as well. That will mean that pretty much everyone will start the DLC at the same level (since it's so easy to get to 20 anyway) and they can tailor how they want the DLC progression to go based on that assumption.

It does sort of suck that the game doesn't count XP past 20, I'd have some huge amount by now if it wasn't capped. But it's not like the game suddenly becomes less fun just because you're not earning XP. I prefer it when capped in fact, I tend to focus more on badge objectives and completing races rather than just trying to earn as much XP as possible.

It's completely out of whack. I'm around 30% career completion and I was up to level 20 several days ago. And yet every time I finish a race I get a screen devoted to listing all the exp awards available :irked:

You moved to the #1 position on autolog! You get...nothing!
You did a clean lap! You get...nothing!
You led for an entire lap! You get...nothing!

It's a bit suspicious that they doubled the number of cars and tracks, but cut the number of levels by more than half - but we'll probably get more levels if we pay for them in DLC. Anybody wanna bet they're already on the disk?

Very odd it doesnt go by 20, The driver level seems like an after thought to bring it inline with Hot Pursuit for some odd reason.

It's completely out of whack. I'm around 30% career completion and I was up to level 20 several days ago. And yet every time I finish a race I get a screen devoted to listing all the exp awards available :irked:

You moved to the #1 position on autolog! You get...nothing!
You did a clean lap! You get...nothing!
You led for an entire lap! You get...nothing!

It's a bit suspicious that they doubled the number of cars and tracks, but cut the number of levels by more than half - but we'll probably get more levels if we pay for them in DLC. Anybody wanna bet they're already on the disk?

+1 This is BS... XP could have went on just so you know how much experience a drivr has...!

Like level 20 with 1,000,000 xp points... = Very Good Driver :sly:

Im pretty sure it continued to count in the first Shift.
Has anyone else also noticed that there are two more of what look to be event posters to the right of the GT1 world championship? They look like posters that have been turned on their side so that you cant read them.

Has anyone else also noticed that there are two more of what look to be event posters to the right of the GT1 world championship?
They look like posters that have been turned on their side so that you cant read them
Yep, I've noticed 👍 More to come after the GT1's it seems :cool:

Most likely the DLC packs that we know of. I hope they come out soon.

I hit level 20 a few days ago, also just reached the main GT3 championship.

Has anyone else also noticed that there are two more of what look to be event posters to the right of the GT1 world championship? They look like posters that have been turned on their side so that you cant read them.

I think they may be the levels that are opened up if you buy the Limited Edition.

I think they may be the levels that are opened up if you buy the Limited Edition.

I have the limited edition. It's not different from the normal one apart from 3 free cars and some additional fun events. No differences in the core gameplay.

Someone on EA's official Forum was complaining about the $200.00 amount for NFS S2U Quick/Online races, I think it is of some relevance to this discussion.

My take on it follows.

I think the lower amount is by EA's Marketing/Sales design, Shift 1 only allowed so many cars to be purchased for your garage, the result, I had over $20 million available in Shift 1 after reaching level 50 because I was limited by the amount of cars I could buy for my garage.

So what did EA do for Shift 2?

1) They greatly increased the number of cars you can own. People who purchased the Unlock all Cars DLC have reported they can have more than 100 cars in their garage now. The DLC allows you to purchase any car for $0 from the lot for your garage. So there appears to be no garage slot cap.

2) They reduced the number of driver levels to 20 and drastically limited money earnings after that to Career races.

3) They drastically reduced the amount of money for Quick/Online Races.

The end result now being that the number of cars you can buy is greatly limited by the amount of money you can earn even if you go through all the career events and progress to the 20th top level of Driver without cheating by earning cash in Quick/Online events.

So in my humble opinion, EA will now charge you an extra $4.99 to $9.99 (depending on personal cravings) to fill up your garage even if you don't cheat as moderator Sarcross has used this as defense of the limited money earnings in NFS S2U.

(Did not include the $14.99 unlock all cars/events because all events are attainable if you put the effort into the game while cars are limited by attainable in-game cash earnings).

So it seems as if EA went from one extreme to the other, instead of providing a happy medium that would provide rewards for owning more cars if you attain enough levels/wins.

As more purchasers of NFS S2U reach the 20th level of Driver, and rack up Career wins this issue will come front and center.

Initial game purchase price = $60.00, DLC to increase number of cars that can be owned (because of built-in game earnings limitation) = $5.00 or $10.00 depending on individual cravings.

...and with the yet to be released Car/Content DLCs, based on NFS S1 DLC previous pricing, one can now spend close to $90.00 to "Fully Enjoy" the NFS S2U experience.

Rest assured EA is laughing all the way to the bank.

EA Forum Thread Link: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/5556602.page#13224267

Last edited:
Back