you know what grinds my gears?.....

Ok this will be my first post on the forums, but well here goes...

Does anyone else feel like holding out till they release better races online...

I feel like holding out for 2 weeks to see what they change the races again, due to the fact that yesturday and this morning all the races i have entered have either turned into shunting matches or hosts quitting, and believe me ive tried every race on there since the update.

i even resorted to doing the time trials but its just not the same.... but when you get mostly idiots on every race it starts to really grind your gears (pardon the pun lol)

until they release a proper lobbying system this problem will grow, with idiots out to ruin it for everyone. Im sure im not alone in feeling this way, im sure everyone on here has various offenders id's burned into their retinas and if a hosting option came into play you could just boot them to try to keep the racing clean.

Even with the damage, i dont think you'll see mangled cars on the tracks, probably superficial damage mostly.. so the only way i can see fair racing on gt5 will be where you have the option of choosing who you want to race..

anyhow sorry for the huge rant, but thanks for reading

twisted...

hello mate.

yeah i know what you mean, the events this time around are crap. but atleast you can get online today. i cant even sign into the playstation network (error 8002A548).

ow and welcome, have raced your before and your pretty quick and clean 👍

Jack

lol, thanks jack i try to race clean and fairly seen you a few times in your audi... at the mo its getting to the stage when its overun by idiots on there,

i think i had 2 good races yesturday all day, and thats only because i was at the front on fuji lol

as soon as i had seen the updated race schedules i was dissapointed but i gave them a go, lol think my blood pressures gone way up after the frustration of it lol:nervous:

Yes I imagine you're feeling the loss of 600PP Suzuka, I raced you a few times on there this week and was mighty impressed, it was a great challenge being ahead of you/trying to catch you. I saw a lot of error-free fast races from you, respect!

I think there are a number of threads on this board at the moment where people are feeling a little aggrieved at the standard in the new online races and discussions about the updates and private rooms are taking place or have taken place.

I will say this though, as I played more and more last night, I found that the bad apples were appearing less and less, and more of the regulars were appearing. Suddenly I didn't miss 600PP Suz so much.

I also suffered greatly at the hands of a RWD in pro mode with a sixaxis being used to AWD...but I wasn't going to let it beat me and if I hadn't persevered I might also be of the opinion that the current Pro race at Suzuka is a complete waste of time.

I even messaged people like Zabeu and Kimi410 to tell them to stay away for their own health! I messaged them back later saying to come and give it a go as the GTP regulars, and other GT communities were showing up and really the racing at the end of the night had gotten superb.

Give it a few days, and it should improve massively. In addition, I didn't have too much trouble hooking up with GTP regualrs at xx:00,15,30 and 45 :)

Welcome to the boards, I hope the rest of the guys here have the same pleasure racing you as I have had last few days.

All the best
Maz (Synwraith)

Second that one. Played 700PP Suzuka last night, thought I was playing Burnout (my brothers, not mine!). Then 600PP @ Fuji, which always used to be okay, and more of the same?! Has there been a sale on, GT5P for a fiver?! Where have they all come from?!!

i got to say the F430 v GTR is a laugh, etiquette goes out the window for the first corner, its a case of hang on, get shunted and hopefully stay on track, unfortunately you get the muppets who don't like being passed so will try to put you off track. Im just trying to make do with what PD as given us this time round.
Also welcome:)

i got to say the F430 v GTR is a laugh, etiquette goes out the window for the first corner, its a case of hang on, get shunted and hopefully stay on track, unfortunately you get the muppets who don't like being passed so will try to put you off track. Im just trying to make do with what PD as given us this time round.

It's definitely a laugh, come on, HOW many times did you almost laugh yourself to tears at the antics? And also how awesome were some of the races you did last night?

My race with you, then Honeycar etc..and me in a RWD??! I would never have imagined..

All the best
Maz (Synwraith)

It's definitely a laugh, come on, HOW many times did you almost laugh yourself to tears at the antics? And also how awesome were some of the races you did last night?

My race with you, then Honeycar etc..and me in a RWD??! I would never have imagined..

All the best
Maz (Synwraith)

Yes most certainly a giggle and last night(UK) most of the grid was GTP forum users:tup:

Agreed, the 1 or 2 races we had together were nightmares, i got punted in the first corner every time. Thanks for atleast making things interesting and waiting for me while i tried to figure out why my gt-r was driving like s**t (I had not relized the quick tune was not an option in that race).

yeah the f430 and gtr race can be good! wait until tonight. about 7 GMT alot of GTP members come on and get yourself in the chat. You will then be able to get a good race.

ow and one last thing, stay back for T1 for the F430 /GTR. you will be shunt.....

Agreed, the 1 or 2 races we had together were nightmares, i got punted in the first corner every time. Thanks for atleast making things interesting and waiting for me while i tried to figure out why my gt-r was driving like s**t (I had not relized the quick tune was not an option in that race).
No worries, figured it may have been your first race and i thought i recognised the name although i did think someone had handicapped you by greasing your tyres:)

I was holding out of the online mode for the same reasons as you until yesterday, and all I can say is that I have no complains at all. Maybe It was my lucky day, dunno, but I managed to finish (no punters) 11 out of the 12 races I've entered on Fuji 600pp, winning 9 of them, and coming second in 2.

I even had some serious races against some GTRP dudes.

DSC00577.jpg

And look at this one, three cars in less than a tenth, this was pure awesoness for sure.

DSC00581.jpg

And one that I've to struggle to win by 0.001 margin after coming from 12º place and have some fierce overtakes in my way to the first place.

DSC00578.jpg

I'm yet to encounter the fast guys from GTP tho.

i only wish that they would put Expert races for the other car classes as well. Why is the expert setting with no assists or traction control limited to the Higher class cars is a mystery. A C car class race on expert mode would be fantastic :)

i've decided that i am racing pp600 Fuji for these 2 weeks. Twistedeeds, me and you have some brilliant racing...i'm mostly in the 05 STi in white...don't know if you remember. i'll add you later.

Back