you know what you guys could do?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 2' started by linkinpark, Sep 25, 2003.

1. linkinpark

linkinpark

2. bla

bla

You know what you could really do
    You could get take that good emulator of yours and start exploring netplay. You need two DLLs; one in the epsxe dir and one in the plugin dir. I´ve tried it and saw a bunch of guys playing games like streets of rage and street fighter in emus like gens mame kawaks etc. Don´t remenber seeing psx emus but it was a quick look. Anyway the conection is up (just check the "netplay" option) and running now we just gotta find a way to play it. THAT would be competition. Gonna do some testing and I´ll get back to you.

3. linkinpark

linkinpark

the problem is that most of us aren't online at the same time in order to play together, but that is not a bad option at all...

4. azndrifter318

azndrifter318

where u get a psx emulator and how big is the file?

5. bla

bla

For me the best emu around is ePSXe. Go to ePSXe.com and search around. My advice is for you to download the epsxe pack for plugins and then the epsxe 1.6.0; get the pack´s plugins into the 1.6.0 plugins´s dir plus any other stuff you might want and you´re all set. The pack´s file are larger but both files are small

6. azndrifter318

azndrifter318

are the game files like roms for snes? don't tell me the game files are like 5mb

7. [Jetstorm]-R

[Jetstorm]-R

how's the Netplay thing coming? I am interested in multi - drifting in GT2 :D

8. linkinpark

linkinpark

nope, the games aren't 5mgs...

either you have the game CD and the emulator runs it from the CD just like you PSX, or you have a game ISO and ePSXe can read it from the disc...

either way you should consider switching to the emulator so you could participate in the competitions on my site! ;)

9. bla

bla

ISOs are pretty rare though. Best best is the CD

10. LoudMusic

LoudMusic

So you're saying that a computer CD-Rom drive can read PS1 (black back) CDs? I had no idea ... guess that tells you how much time I spend dinking around with my stuff (:

I need to try this. It would be fun to race online with someone.

11. Cosmic

Cosmic (Banned)

you know what you can do...

stop racing GT2 on you PC....

12. Any news if anyone tried the online play yet?? if it's working decently I'm up for a couple of runs. :)