you test grounds

• Thread starter LoneWolfe
  • 7 comments
well, havent posted here in ages, thought i might ask this:
Where do you go to test cars and fine tune settings for your car?
For me it is Grindelwald, nice balance of small-large turns, small straighaways and a hairpin, also a nice combination of up and down hill.

Bonus question: "Does the orange Rmod on the 91' twin turbo supra look alot like drifter x's 180sx???" It seems so to me, thats why i did the mod :lol: (Finally a mod i like)

When I´m testing max low/stiff suspension values for general all-track adaptation tunning porposes I usually go for red rock. The corners (especially the one before the finish line) give me an idea of how the car handles on unstable ones with stiff/low suspensions or difficult handling cars like the motorsport elise. This track also sets my gears, usually somewhat in the beggining of the red line just before the end of the finish line. However I sometimes go for other tracks. Grindelwald is one of them, trial mountain, seattle circuit, deep forest etc.

When I want to see times well in that case I think it´s pretty much random. Of course with the high HP cars I try to steer clear from motorsports land and autumn ring.

Also in order to experiment lots of different corners I usually go for grand valley. There I can test top speed in the finish line, heavy braking with slight change of direction in the end of the finish line, high speed cornering/counter-cornering in a slight up & down piece of track, heavy braking followed by an hairpin, wise use of trajectories in the 3 close corners part after the hairpin, mid-speed cornering in the second tunnel, low speed cornering/counter-cornering after the tunnel and finnaly mid/high speed exiting for the finish line... yep there is almost everything in GV.

I prefer to test the cars at SSR5 and Laguna Seca. However, I like to use lower-powered cars at Autumn Ring and Grindelwald to see if it han handle all the twisty stuff.

But I just go where I don't think I've practiced enough recently.

heh.....HKS .....gotta be midfield for anything over 400hp, and grindel for lower. The sceond last s bend before the hairpin at midfield, i find, is a good test of the suspension

I go to laguna seca. any car that can make that corkscrew is good for me.

granturismo.gif

Back