You think PD's disappointement in NASCAR is due to licensing?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTOne2Three
  • 8 comments
  • 922 views
Messages
932
Messages
Chicano3000X
Messages
Chicano3000
If they got it perfect, then would no one want to buy NASCAR 2011?

Even though it's a sort of let down(mainly for real NASCAR fans), gotta admit that I always dreamed of a race sim that let you race EVERYTHING..
 
Well, F1 2010 got F1 racing as good as its ever been, but people will still buy F1 2011. People enjoy roster updates.

It wouldn't matter if PD got NASCAR 100% perfect, people would still buy NASCAR 2011 for the new liveries.
 
Everything? I guess that PD couldn't pay for that - nor could any other game studio. Licenses are extremely expensive, especially if you want to include NASCAR, Formula 1, JGTC, DTM, WTCC and all the others...
 
I wonder if NASCAR would sport a car with the GT logo on it..
 
I wonder if NASCAR would sport a car with the GT logo on it..

If a team got money from PD.. why not? PD doesn't compete with NASCAR.

GT5 doesn't have racing rules or flags of any sort, which I'm pretty sure are in the new NASCAR game. Same goes for F1 2010.
 
My questions is why they couldn't put up a few fake ovals knowing they have this much NASCAR in the game and barely anything to drive it on.
 
My questions is why they couldn't put up a few fake ovals knowing they have this much NASCAR in the game and barely anything to drive it on.

Because PD didn´t think rationally about many other things how to make it reasonable.
 
Well at least they made a better job with NASCAR than with Rally...
Barely better... but still better
 
If they got it perfect, then would no one want to buy NASCAR 2011?

Even though it's a sort of let down(mainly for real NASCAR fans), gotta admit that I always dreamed of a race sim that let you race EVERYTHING..

I'm amazed they brought the series back... lets hope it doesn't suck as hard as some previous iterations.

I think that once you've tuned the GT5 NASCARs for better laptimes they loosen up a bit and 100+ lap races are quite a lot of fun.

The mentality of looooong oval races is completely different to going around a road course on a 20-lap sprint race (or as the noobs call it, a 20 lap endurance race :D )

The one thing they DO have in common is that the quality of the opponents defines the quality of the race.
 
Back