You think this game is to easy?! LOL

  • Thread starter Thread starter Smackinjuice
  • 19 comments
  • 2,368 views

Smackinjuice

Premium
Messages
82
start a new game; buy your first car; turn off all aids INCLUDING the driving line; no abs either.

You can correct the breaking problem by lowering your break bias down to 3/3 or whatever you like to use. I find if i have 5/5 or higher then i lose control when i try to break (using DS3 controller).

Now, make sure it's a premium car (unless you hate cockpit view) and only drive in cockpit the whole time.

Now heres the real quicker; you are DQ if you hit another car hard; trading paint is ok, but play like you are doing a license test pre 1.07 patched (or whenever they changed it). Also if you cut any corners to gain an advantage that is also DQ.

Added bonus; when you start let yourself fall into last place before trying to race. This game gets' 10 times harder playing by these rules; Also keep your car within the same class of your opponents.

I personally started with the honda civic EK 97; also only use premium cars as using cockpit view makes it harder. But again, if you don't like anything don't use it.

Now the game is a lot harder.

EDIT!!

Always use tires in the same category that your car came with. Comfort softs MAX for the civic EK!!! And you can only use ABS of 1 if your car comes with it in real life. And don't put in an LSD unless your want to make it easy again :D

only a maxium of 1 weight reduction (personally the level 2 and 3 are fake; there is no way to remove that much weight to any car unless you are rebuilding the whole exterior into carbon fiber; personally I only do 1 weight reduction and pretend i threw everything out that wasn't needed to drive; including AC, rear seats, interior).

And only 1 engine upgrade; personally I don't do this because i only like upgrades that i can revert if i want to drive a car stock. Otherwise the rest of the upgrades are legit; but the more stock you are, the bigger the challenge.
 
Try to complete all events with bonestock cars (no oilchange , no weight reduce , no powerlimiter use , no tuning , stock tyres)

I started a new Game last weekend with a Honda CR-X SiR ´90 from the UCD.
I could do 4 events so far with this car.

Sunday Cup
FF-Challenge
World Compact Car
Japanese 90s

The Car has 145 bhp , 986 kg , 374 PP


raVer
 
Thats pretty much how I played the game from day one... and it still wasn't hard!
By no means am I an ace driver but really the AI in this is so rubbish it's not funny.

Never ever ever turn on the SRF... you might as well play NFS Pro street or something.
ABS I set to 1 generally because I cant set the sensitivity of my pedals, I have taken it off some of the older cars for S**** and giggles before (try out the F40!)

No other AIDS and make sure your cars are in the same class of the opponents (check out the 'usual opponents' and go for the lowest BHP), also here's a tip, if you're unsure what tyres to use check out the B-Spec race and the tyres allowed for the same race... sometimes even then you can probably drop back another tyre range and still be competitive.

No THAT makes the game semi-enjoyable.
 
Yeah, use a fully modded yellowbird on comfort hard and play with the TV switched off whilst handcuffed to the neighbours shed...tried the nurb 24hr but when I returned tired, hugry, thisty and wet I was still in the menu!:sly:
 
Yes we think the game is easy. Thats because creating the challenges for yourself DON'T COUNT! The game for the most part is simply easy.
 
O.k. Try golding the X2010 using DS3 and every assist available. Since it is easy for you...
 
Pick any car, fully customized or not, without aids (abs or not) and put comfort hard tires.

Now you have a challenge. I tried the SLS with over 900 HP with comfort hard, next, I'll try the Speed 12.
 
Yeah, this game is easy & the fact you're having to go to such lengths to challenge yourself goes to show how just easy it really is.



FAIL! :sly:


PS: I've also heard it's quite hard if you tie one hand behind your back & play! ;)
 
OP: Isn't that what most people do by default?

No offence, but if you need the aids on then... you need a lot more practice.
 
European car Championship? (extreme events)

Roma - Audi TT 1,9 stock
Deep Forest - Audi TT 1,9 stock
Monza - Ruf BTR 86 stock (no oil change)

All aids off, abs 1

One of the best races I had in GT5... I needed 3 trys on roma, ok deep forest was to easy but on Monza I also did it on 2nd try...

If you find the perfect car for a specific race (not easy), then the game rocks and is not to easy!
 
It's the AI.

It's a bit more accessible to do this online, plus you don't need to delete a save. I guess you could just make a new account on your PS3 for this though.
 
Why not just play online with good racers?
 
The Premium '89 Eunos (unmodded) at the FR Challenge is one tough race. You can pick them off in the turns but get crushed on the straights. I've won the Sunday Cup and Compact Championship.
 
The earlier Seasonals proved GT5 to be quite a challenge.
But when they give you freedom to Max tune your car for every race ofcourse its gonna seem easy
I think it was done that way so that "noobs" could still enjoy it without getting so upset at the difficulty while the more veteran drivers could restrict themselves if they wanted

But driving with abs off is just crazy
 
The only challenge I've ran into was in some of the later races and seasonals; but even then it was always only one car I was chasing: third was always a forgone conclusion, second if I messed up a few times, and first if I managed to run pretty good.

The somewhat unfortunate conclusion is that the AI cars are really just set pieces. What you're really doing is racing the clock: if you're running 5th-place time, you'll be in 5th. Just like the challenges.

Doesn't bother me much because it's no less exhilarating; like the OP is suggesting, if you tailor the experience for it to be challenging, it certainly can be. I turned the HUD off the moment it was patched in, for instance, so I've literally had to learn all the tracks by vision alone, and 99% from cockpit view at that. And then with the other usual tactics for keeping things interesting (stock versions of cars, whatnot) also in place, all of a sudden it takes a DAMN good run to finish 5th ...... or whatever.

Point is, even if the AI is basically just scenery, they make noise, can bump into you, can get in your way ... they serve their purpose.
 
You say vision, but I have another idea.

Invite a friend over who plays GT5. Turn off the hud. Then wear a blindfold. Let your friend give you directions as to what obstacles are in your way and how to approach them. And to add difficulty, if you have a wheel, use it. Complete 3 laps, getting quicker in succession. You must be in a race with other cars. After you've done the race, post up on how you did.
 
This game is as fun as you make it. (Isn't that the same for all games?).
 
It is true.

Everything is only as fun as you make it.
 
for tires i look in b-spec to see what the Max limit is. then i use tires in that set
 
Driving without aids isn't challenging, it's different. Cars like the Zonda are harder, sure, but almost every other car just takes a little bit of adjustment to the other settings.
 
Back