You won the Powerball! Now build your SEMA car!!! Initial buy must be under $10k.

• Thread starter MARsSPEED1
  • 9 comments

MARsSPEED1

(Banned)
United States
Frederick, MD
MARsSPEED1
You see the title, I'll start. I've already bought my supercar and daily drivers.

I would build a new version of my favorite car that I owned as a youth and it goes like this.

'86 Merkur XR4Ti
White with polished Carbon hood and spoiler, black RTR Wheels
Twin Turbo Coyote Engine
AWD
Interior fit with all new Tech. Updated exterior lighting.
Best suspension to handle the most Gs.

Enjoy!

• 2016 Ford Transit Van (high roof, LWB)
• Speedline Corse Type-2118 in gold
• 60% window tint all round
• As much TNT as you could squeeze in to the back
• Explosive timer set to go off in the early hours when there's no one around.

Hmmmm, this might quickest derailing of thread ever...

Your signature made me curious. Could you please expand on that? I want to test a theory.

Having actually been to SEMA, I think I would need to buy some sort of full-size pickup truck and then make it the ugliest brodozer I possibly can.

Otherwise, it would be a 60-series Land Cruiser with the entire ARB catalog thrown at it (bumper, steps, OME shocks, Dakar springs, air lockers, onboard air, and a Safari snorkel). Also, Warn winch, refurbished OEM wheels, BFG KO2 tires, and a completely refurbished interior with a retrofitted infotainment center that had Android Auto. The engine would be a 5.7L 3UR-FE V8 with a TRD Eaton supercharger.

I'd keep going with my existing project car.

'93 Accord wagon, bought it for $1500
  • Keep the engine (naturally-aspirated 2.2L) as-is, with a couple external bolt-on changes to get it closer to 250whp.
  • Shorter-geared trans w/LSD.
  • Make it handle, but not uncomfortably so.
  • Make the interior more comfortable for the road-tripping I have planned for it.
  • Paint it BMW's Monaco Blue Metallic, but get it wrapped for a while in a slightly modified/personalized version of the Civic Mugen Motul livery.

The problem is, I have never and will never buy a lottery ticket. The other problem is, as Joey D [probably] alluded to, this kind of practical build would never be allowed in.

I have another 'dream Honda build' that I doubt I'll ever get around to, which is to take a 4th gen Prelude and make a Type R model out of it, taking the same steps Honda took to make the DC2-R. Stitch-weld the whole chassis, properly delete the sunroof, no sound deadening, give it the stock Accord Type R or CL1 Euro R engine, and all the other little weight saving and handling measures, while not unrealistically digging into the aftermarket. The problem with this idea is that I don't know if I have enough restraint to stay so close to a factory spec.

Having actually been to SEMA, I think I would need to buy some sort of full-size pickup truck and then make it the ugliest brodozer I possibly can.

Otherwise, it would be a 60-series Land Cruiser with the entire ARB catalog thrown at it (bumper, steps, OME shocks, Dakar springs, air lockers, onboard air, and a Safari snorkel). Also, Warn winch, refurbished OEM wheels, BFG KO2 tires, and a completely refurbished interior with a retrofitted infotainment center that had Android Auto. The engine would be a 5.7L 3UR-FE V8 with a TRD Eaton supercharger.
Interesting. I guy at mu daughter’s soccer club has a Nissan NV3500 lifted and maxxed out. Matte Black. Disabled veteran. The thing is beast. Need a ladder just to get in it. Not sure what engine work he has done though.

So what this is is a fantasy restomod thread, which already exists, with the addition of the idiotic SEMA conceit.

Back