Your 2022 game of the year?

• Thread starter TypeRDC5
  • 9 comments
United Kingdom
Silverstone
I done one of these last year as I am always interested in seeing what everyone's game of the year was, what was yours?

For me it would have to be Horizon Forbidden West, really enjoyed exploring the georgeous world with the new game mechanics even though the first game had a better story.

I assume my choice would have been different if I had played the new God of War but I am waiting for a sale before I jump in.

An easy question for me this year, it's definitely Citizen Sleeper. I mean, OK, I've only played like two of the games that came out this year (the other was Stray) but Citizen Sleeper is now in my top ten favourite games of all time.

Xenoblade 3 for me, with Chained Echoes as a very notable "David vs Goliath" runner-up. CE's soundtrack lives in my head more than XC3's, which is major, but XC3's main cast is extraordinary and the game synthesizes much of the best of the franchise.

I think I still enjoyed Xenoblade X more than XC3, and Chained Echoes draws from that game as much as it draws from the numbered Xenoblade titles as a sum.

God of War Ragnarok easely for me. Havent finished it yet but so far it's an amazing journey. I love Elden Ring and it's really close but I prefer a more engaging story like we have in GoW.

God of War Ragnarok easely for me. Havent finished it yet but so far it's an amazing journey. I love Elden Ring and it's really close but I prefer a more engaging story like we have in GoW.
Hoping God of war is on sale soon so I can grab it, been avoiding anything GOW related on the Internet since release.

Sony's first party games seem to take forever to be on sale these days though, for example Returnal is still so expensive considering how long ago it was released.

I want to say Pentiment... but honestly it has to be Elden Ring. It feels amazing to get lost in its world, and I loved being able to summon eldritch Pokemons to fight by my side during boss battles.

Shout out to Nobody Saves the World, another awesome game that I enjoyed greatly this year.

Back